Modding Tool: Arcanum Factory 1.4.1 (01-2020)

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by FilthyJack, Apr 15, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. FilthyJack

FilthyJack Member Supporter

Congratulations to you and your fiance!

Hope you'll find some time to work on a mod, it's always a pleasure to see new content for this game ;)

2. Sagat91

Sagat91 New Member

3. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

@FilthyJack

Thanks man! I'll try to do a bit in the evenings this week or on the weekend. Maybe both :)

4. gastal

gastal New Member

I'm trying to use this to edit the damage on the multibarrel pistol. Is that possible? It keeps trying to have me make a new item.

5. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Normally I'd point you at rroyo or Drog, but they seem to be absent as of late.

(just realize how long I've had to have been go to now know/remember who mods around here)

6. FilthyJack

I have been busy lately sorry for the late reply.

You can edit an existing pistol, just search for its name in the "name" box and add 20 to the number you see. Then use the "raw open" function, browse to your arcanum/proto directory, and select the file with that number. When you're done with it, just save the weapon "raw save" to replace it.

This will work with any existing proto, some of them do not exist as external files, like some unique items.

Good luck!

7. FilthyJack

Alright it's time for a new version. I've had some time to work on AF and with the help of Corvell from the Russian Community I've been able to improve the Art Editor. He's working on huge expansions and I hope he will release them in English.

This new version introduces Arcanum Manager, merging this tool with ArcanumFactory was planned from the beginning but it wasn't that easy. You can now open Arcanum in WorldEd, modify or add anything you want and test it on the fly.

You can of course produce a minimal size mod ready to share with your changes to the campaign. Anything you made in AF will be available in WorldEd and your Mods. You can actually simply drop a campaign mod in your AF Content Pack Installer directory so that it gets automatically installed.

Introducing wined3d dlls, this is a simple fix for recent computers exepriencing slowdowns even with -no3d -doublebuffer. This will change your life as the graphics are now displayed instantly and scrolling never lags. This component is optional ofc.

I made an 'UpdateOnly' dowload link for those who want to keep their previous work.
    As usual, if you have anything to report then please use this forum thread or my mail: filthyjack@lotusrevenge.fr

While I'm at it I may as well give more exposure to the Followers AutoLevel mod so I added a link in the first message, hope you like it ;)

ChangeLog 1.3
    New Features:

-Art Editor now displays an accurate in-game inventory preview in new window.
    -You can now drag and drop art/bmp/png/gif files directly on the Art Editor window for quick loading.
    -Arcanum Manager lets you extract/load Arcanum in WorldEd and modify it to your heart's content, you can also produce a small size mod ready to be shared.
    -Arcanum Launcher lets you add many commandline options to Arcanum.exe.
    -Added wined3d dlls if you have huge slowdowns on latest Windows, it will use more recent/faster rendering libraries. If -no3d -doublebuffer isn't enough.

Bug Fixes:

-Fixed a few minor bugs and typos reported by kind users!
    -Fixed PackInstaller to create a list of files and install/uninstall from the list. No more global wipe.
    -PackInstaller creates a readme '.txt' with the same name as the .exe installer, you can do the same thing with the preview image, just name it like the .exe with the extension '.png' and put it next to the installer.
    -Fixed Detonator schematic giving an error.
    -Fixed dead links in Help menu. (Terra-Arcanum and Wiki)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  8. Ilya_Rysenkov

Ilya_Rysenkov New Member

Hello, FilthyJack. I'm a Russian gamer and want to add your wonderful programs on the Russian site playground.ru Of course, I'll add you as the creator and give a link to this thread. May I do that?

9. FilthyJack

Hello Ilya,

I'm glad you enjoy these tools and of course you can give a link to this thread on your site :)

It is actually nice to include a link to the thread instead of direct download so people can preview the features/look, it also ensures you get the real tool from the official download server (lotusrevenge.fr).

Funny how it seems Russian modders are the most active when it comes to Arcanum, I've had many contacts with modders from Arcanumclub.ru too, always a pleasure to be in contact with you guys!

I may also add that the statusbar 'tips' in the tool can be translated, the readme included will tell you which text file contains the tips if you feel the need to translate them in Russian.

Happy gaming!

10. Ilya_Rysenkov

Ilya_Rysenkov New Member

Thanks! I have a question, then. I decided to extract campaign files using Arcanum Factory. My game is a GOG-version with UAP-only. OS is Windows 7. But it crashes.
    And it shows different errors with dll-s!
    Perhaps I should extract myself?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  11. Ilya_Rysenkov

Ilya_Rysenkov New Member

12. FilthyJack

To avoid some problems with recent windows I suggest extracting/installing Factory to Arcanum/ folder or run it as admin. If this isn't the issue then please send me a mail to filthyjack@lotusrevenge.fr with the error message and I will investigate the bug and hopefully fix it. Thanks!

It may be that I linked the exe dynamically and it asks for dlls, if this is it I can fix it immediately.

13. Ilya_Rysenkov

Ilya_Rysenkov New Member

14. Ilya_Rysenkov

Ilya_Rysenkov New Member

FilthyJack, I sent you e-mails with bugs: please, look them through.

15. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

Has it been 2 years since I commented on this already? Woa, time flies. I've since moved to learning how to make games in Unreal 4 and making models in Blender but thank you for all you've done @FilthyJack :)

16. Zeratchi

Zeratchi New Member

Hi!

I must say that I love seeing people are still active with Arcanum, even though it has been a long ride with upcomming mods that never came.
    As I'm checking out "Arcanum Factory" and "backgrounds" I wanted to add custom trait, but for some reason it doesn't allow me to do so?

Example:
    "
    0087: resistpoison +20, be -1// background effect (Raised by snake handlers)
    "

I am not allowed to change anything in this background or when I'm making a new one.

I'm using Win 7 64, tried compability mode, run as admin etc.

Anyone got anything for me here?

Best regards!

17. FilthyJack

Again I'm a bit late...

@Zeratchi: You probably want to create a new effect, then you'll be able to load or create a background and select that new effect in the list. Then modify anything else like money/items etc.

I hope this is what you had in mind.

@The Pigeon: My pleasure, I'm glad to see you moved on to 3d game making, the best of luck for your project! :)

You're all welcome to mail me directly to filthyjack@lotusrevenge.fr for any bug report or whatever, as I check this account everyday.

18. Starcomet

Starcomet New Member

Thanks a lot for this tool! It made it so much easier to make a custom background than manually. I was frustrated as I could not seem to get it to work manually, but all is well now!

19. FilthyJack

You're welcome :) I know what you mean, I had to do it manually so many times that is part of why I decided to make this tool, do it right once and the tool will repeat it perfectly. Happy gaming ;)

20. Demimond23

Demimond23 New Member

Is it possible to get arcanum factory anymore? Sorry to say but links in this thread's starting message or on Terra's modding section don't seem to be working anymore.

Our Host!