Mistakes they knew they were making...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by floyd, Apr 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Bunny

Bunny New Member

But look at the bright side, early morning talks come after sex. :bunny:

2. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Or during. Nothing like a nice debate about national politics while thrusting.

3. Mag the Bloody-handed

Mag the Bloody-handed New Member

What comes after sex is usually a ride home and promise to call the next day. The quality of the sex usually determines the chance of the call actually occuring.

Basically this means you should practice, as much as possible. I can volunteer my services as a tutor if you'd like, Bunny.

4. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

She doesn't need a tutor, she needs master training.
    <---------------

5. Mag the Bloody-handed

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

7. Mag the Bloody-handed

Some people actually enjoy jobs that produce an income greater than the costs of living.

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

And some people actually concern themselves with the education of others, and therein the betterment and inate progress of our condition, rather than squabbling over a bank balance.

9. Mag the Bloody-handed

Yes, it does not change the fact they are underpaid for their services.

Making it more difficult to find new teachers, and contributing to the overall decline of the country.

Yet the budget is more focused toward warfare than self-improvement. " We must defend ourselves from our enemies. ", yet we would have fewer if the increased combat potential did not force us to believe we were the babysitters for the entire world. " You two kids stop fighting ... don't make me come back there!(with my one-hundred billion dollar budget for weapons) "

America, and possibly the world at large is a flickering candle in a hurricane. No amount of good will shall change the outcome, only the shift of leadership to embrace one of these truly good people and lift them to power will do that.

With the families of politcal deceivers that have been in power for generations, the chance of that occuring closely resembles that of aliens landing tomorrow and asking directions, buying a hamburger and fries then using the restroom and leaving once more in their Intergalactic Winnebago.

10. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Ah, oh pessimistic one, I see your point now. And you are true in many ways, except that corruption has always been around, indeed prevalent. America is not some revolutionarily harbringer of greed and idolatry. We're simply just as bad as everyone else, and eventually, like everyone else, we will fall. Our weapon systems are more powerful than Rome's were, but eventually our great society will fall in a similar fashion. And not even the shift you describe would stave that fate of forever.

I happen to believe that those people who truly should be teachers would do it regardless of the pay scale. I know many young women who go through my the teaching program at Adelphi University because you can get a masters in four years and begin earning money. Most of them shouldn't be teachers, as almost all of them are fucking retarded and don't know how to teach. It's innate, like hair color, you're born with it. they see their job as merely a means to reach their paycheck, the ends. However, teaching is, in reality, it's own ends, and if you're looking to make a bundle you should stick to the stock market, not wasting people's time attempting to educate when all you really care about is having money for Macy's next sale.

Perhaps our country simply needs to put less emphasis on the rat race instead of catering to it.

11. Gabriel

Gabriel New Member

Ok, i'll teach Bunny, you two can continue
    *take Bunny's arm and lead's her to the room*

12. Mag the Bloody-handed

I find it amusing that Gnomes in Arcanum closely resemble Americans more than the humans themselves do.

13. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Because they're fat, becuase they're rich, or because they're corrupt?

14. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  15. Canis

Canis New Member

The gnomes are more Jewish than American, really.

16. Mag the Bloody-handed

Fat, Capitalist and Corrupt. Yes.

I avoided that outlook entirely Canis due to my signature quote, and the fact there are far more wealthy caucasians than jewish people in the world.

17. Canis

Canis New Member

This is true, but in the time period roughly corresponding to Arcanum, would a Jewish conspiracy make more or less sense than an American conspiracy? Many parts of the game are representitive of culturally significant stereotypes of a particular era, and I believe that's the best way to approach it rather than finding the most politically correct fit in our current climate.

18. Mag the Bloody-handed

Yes but the technological revolution in Arcanum fits in more with the industrial revolution taking place in America in the early years of World War II.

19. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

There wasn't an industrial revolution in America during World War II, there was merely a "Let's actually use all our shit" phase which resulted in the high production output. But the structure for that production was already in place. They made the date on Arcanum 1885 for a reason, it symbolizes the late 1800s at the end of the industrial revolution. Industry was established and pressing forward at an astonishing rate.

Americans are no more corrupt than anyone else on this planet. Maybe slightly more hypocritical given our nations esteemed values, but nonetheless, no worse than anyone else.

20. Mag the Bloody-handed

America had to play catch-up to the technological superiority of Germany. Nazi Germany had far better weapons, including the first jet powered aircraft, rockets and even the early stages of an atomic research program while we had nothing of the sort until we were forced to enter a new age of war based invention.

On top of the technological advances Germany were making they also included programs that were established to study and try to harness occult energies. The SS even had their own form of Camelot and the round table.

Our Host!