Michael Jackson dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jun 26, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

He might've been a pedo, but the parents of those damn kids were the ones in the wrong. "Wow, you'll pay us to let our young impressionable son sleep in your bed? Count us in!!!"

2. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

In one of the documentaries Michael told his interviewer that he loves to give the children who are staying at his place some "Gods juices". Well that sure would have made some bells ringing by the people who were suspicious about him. If this indeed is true perhaps.

Yes, they only think about the cash and not for the safety of their children.

3. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

May he rest in plastic pieces. RIPP MJ.

4. Minuos

Minuos New Member

Xz: Nice work.

Everyone Else: Please tell me this won't devolve into brief mentions of every single accusation the man ever faced.

5. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Of course not. I'm pretty sure the community will restrict itself to pedophilia.

7. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

I heard Micheal Jackson mostly comes out at night. Mostly.

8. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

9. No! Naughty dog!

No! Naughty dog! New Member

10. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  11. Minuos

Minuos New Member

You enjoy preying on the contextual potential of my every post lately, eh?

Newt is and always has been safe by gender alone.

12. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I enjoy preying on the contextual potential of every post which comes by.
    However indeed you may have been somewhat lucky in that matter recently.

The situation becomes a little tricky when one is dirty enough to make his/her gender unspecified.

13. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

14. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

15. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

I grew up on Michael Jackson, from Off the Wall to HIStory. As a musician I don't actually care for his social antics (or the antics of anybody else, for that matter) but the psychoanalyst in me understands his child-like nature, and the genius held within.

The guy broke the racial barrier by being the first black artist on MTV, simply because MTV couldn't ignore him anymore. He broke the musical barrier because for the first time an artist was so affluent in so many genres that he ended up creating his own (see the Thriller album). I lived off his music and only caught up with the rest of popular culture in the mid-00's, that was how sophisticated an advanced his music was at the time.

There are very few artists, performers or composers who have managed to replicate this effect in the last five centuries. I'm mostly looking forward to seeing who's going to top his genius.

R.I.P.P., Jackson.

16. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I suspect that this might define the difference between two generations. For some Michael Jackson will be synonymous with strange pedophile. For older individuals he will be the King of Pop and his passing will be lamented as a loss.

On the other hand, I had a bartender tell me that he would be more disappointed if Liberace had died again. This bartender is older than me and for him, Jacko's questionable habits were a deal breaker.

Maybe it's less of a generation thing and more of a moral thing.

17. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

18. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

More recently achieved by Hootie and the Blowfish? How odd it seems to compare the two!

Regarding Jacko's antics and manchildish nature, I can only attribute that the his and his siblings' damaging upbringing.

19. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

It's not that he's either a pop king or a pedophile in one's eyes. He can be both and there's no contradiction in that. It's noticing all sides of a person instead of blind fanatism.

And the latter is what's pissing me off. Whatever I do and whenever I go now, I stumble across a MJ glory hymn. It's a worldwide tragedy because the king has died. Not a bad word can be said about him by anyone without the individual being accused of ignorance and lack of respect. Why? Because MJ is death. Well duh. We'll all going to die. We'll all remeber MJ for both his career and his antics, enjoy both and laugh at both eventually. What's wrong with doing it already? What's with the forced mourning? It's nothing wrong that some people can get over it and do now what everyone will eventually do anyway. Which reminds me of something I came by:

When god came for Farah Fawcett, he gave her a last request. Without much thought, she wished for all the children of the world to be safe. God was touched. So he killed Michael Jackson.

20. Minuos

Minuos New Member

I'd say it's a moral thing. I'm not old enough to fall into a generation different from the last few, but I'm opinionated to boot. All in all, I'm indifferent over his life (antics as well as achievements) and death, since I knew I'd never come into contact with him either way. I feel the same about every celebrity death.

Shame, but it happens eventually.

Our Host!