Metroid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quethim, Dec 1, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Quethim

Quethim New Member

A great game series. Any one ever play any of the metroid games?

Well, the reason why I bring this topic up, it because I just played Metroid Prime. Well, not JUST, but recently got it. And I think the game is great and is just like other metroid games, it was put together perfectly for a First-Person Metroid Game. It's on the gamecube (of course) and it only takes 2 blocks of memory on the card. There is also another Metroid game called Metroid Fusion on the Gameboy Advanced. That game is like the other Metroid games, but you have a different suit, it is a pretty strange looking suit. A lot of you would think the suit is strange, but if you play the game you would understand.

If you connect Metroid Fusion to the Gamecube with Metroid Prime, you can get some interesting stuff. If you beat Metroid Fusion, connect the gameboy advanced up with the gamecube and you can get the original Metroid for the NES on the gamecube. And if you beat Metroid Prime, you can play Metroid Prime with the Fusion suit. I have not beaten any of the games, but my brother has beaten Fusion so I can play normal Metroid.

Anyone ever play any of those two games?

2. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

What brought light to this idea, exactly?

Edit: god I'm an idiot, forget that last statement, #@^%!!!!!!

3. starchybean

starchybean New Member

I just started playing Metroid on the Gamecube. I think I hurt my head trying to figure out the controls. <moans> The pain... oh, the pain... I am so used to playing computer games. Bah, silly consoles! Anyway, it looks like a good game, if only I could figure out the controls!

4. Milo

Milo New Member

I played Metroid Fusion on a Gameboy Advance Emulator. I thought it was pretty good, just behind Super Metroid. Not bad considering Super Metroid is probably one of my favorite console games of all time. Metroid Fusion was a little too linear for me after having mastered a game like Super Metroid. Fusion leads you around by the balls and closes off major sections of the game. Super Metroid did the same thing, but not in such a contrived way. You'd need a certain weapon or skill to access later parts, but if you could wall jump or knew the back way, you could power up early. Fusion has it in the story that the computer is actively blocking you and only opening sections once you've completed missions. But still, it's old-school side-scrolling Metroid all the way and I love that shit.

Metroid Prime looks awesome from the commercial, but buying a console seems like such an investment after blowing my wad upgrading my computer. But if the Gamecube gets some really good games besides Metroid Prime and it dips in price, then who knows? Some of the XBox games look neat, but I might have to go with a gamecube just for Metroid.

5. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Well, the gamecube is getting some pretty good games. It's not a "kiddy" console like most people who don't have a gamecube would say. The gamecube has more Teen rated games then it does with everybody games. And Nintendo really doesn't care what goes on the console. Cause the gamecube has that one BMX XXX game not censored, but on the PlayStation2 that game is Censored. So that is one thing that shows that the gamecube is not a "kiddy" console.

The gamecube has many good games coming. It will have every Resident Evil game. It already has Resident Evil1 and Resident Evil0. Resident Evil0 is a whole new Resident Evil game; it was never on the playstation or anything. The gamecube also is getting a lot of the good RPGs that were on the Sega consoles. It recently got Phantasy Star Online, though I don't have the modem for it, but it's still got solo or split screen. And later there will be some really good games. F-zero, Mario Kart, Star Fox (space game), Zelda, Final Fantasy, Harvest Moon, Skies of Arcadia. I could just go on with some good games.

Our Host!