metagaming a chariter build

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Dr. Ferb Wallace Mythril, Apr 9, 2015.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dr. Ferb Wallace Mythril

Dr. Ferb Wallace Mythril Member

I'm trying to figure out the lowest level a chariter with unlimited teleport scrolls could conceivably complete the gods quest and get the vivifyer as each of:
    tech gunner
    charisma thrower
    melee ran away with circus half-ork
    master of illusion and beguilement(no harm) mage
    classic harm spam mage

the gole, of coarse, being to get the +4 dex and +1 to all stats ASAP

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Though I can't put a specific number on how low level you'd be, avoiding combat is a huge help in keeping your level low; I did a pacifist build and finished in the mid 20s lacking combat experience (details can be found here). For such a build stealth is key, so ratcheting up your prowling as fast as possible would probably be an idea and then use Gorgoth's Pass to get to Caladon early and receive mastery (if you're into metagaming). Plus keeping tech aptitude low at least for the gunner would be helpful to spam invisibility scrolls (again details can be found under the pacifist build).

If I was to hazard a guess, I'd imagine your level would be pretty damn low (around the 10 mark or under). Having said all this, why would you want to not level? Even if you get levels up, you can spend character points at your leisure - so you can save them all until after Vendigroth is you wish. The only difference is if you keep your level low your health and fatigue will suck.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  3. Dr. Ferb Wallace Mythril

i wasn't thinking of the hp/fatigue...i was trying(in particular) a time mastery gunner witch required a very wide set of stats ...what my old D&D group would call M.A.D. and discovered certain... complications stiming from the need to pick up the tech healer (10% tech)early then get 50% magic for temporal mastery then get as much tech score as posable. i end up6-10 points short, so my leveling desire is more timing and companion based than level based i guess.

4. Jojobobo

That same thread I posted also has a way to make a tech gunner with 100 tech aptitude, full Temporal and the ability to make any in game gun. I played the build to level 50 and completed the game with it - sounds more or less like what you are looking for?

Temporal mastery really isn't much of a big deal seeing as it just gives you half cost spells, but if you want to agonise about getting to Vendigroth whilst maintaining decent magick aptitude and still use guns (which will have a high chance to critically fail as a consequence) you're a braver man than me!

5. Dr. Ferb Wallace Mythril

6. Jojobobo

Well I guess that's about all the pointers I can give you, have fun!

Our Host!