Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mael, Dec 7, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mael

Mael New Member

i just want to great you all

btw anyone has a wish list?

i got some

1. a new hard drive
    2. FO3
    3. Arcanum 2

hey i can dream

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Thanks. But to tell you the truth, I don't feel christmas anymore. For some time know. It's just not so special anymore. I don't know why. I can hardly even notice it.

3. Mael

Mael New Member

your not alone jinxed, maybe we just gotten old

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

That's a pretty sad tale Jinxed...hope it turns out better for you this year.

Anyway, my wish list is this:

1. Free unlimited Optus@Home connection
    2. My own mansion
    3. *Censored*
    4. A direct connection to the factories of the makers of the best computer parts.

Hey, I can dream too can't I?

Honestly, I don't really know what I want for Christmas...the time I when I do know what I want, either it's nowhere near my birthday or Christmas time, I've just spent the money I could have used for what I really wanted, or Christmas/my birthday has just passed...

5. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

I reckon you reckon you may have just got jaded. It happens over time (if you don't put in a real effort to avoid it) so people often think it's synonymous with age.

I really do believe Christmas is yet another thing where you get out what you put in. If you see it like getting high/drunk it might help. You have to pursue the good times, and if you start off on a downer, it'll probably just get worse.

My Christmas wish list:

• World peace
    • Food for the needy
    • The Miss World 2002 title (I'd have won it this year if I hadn't forgotten to wax my bikini line)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sheriff Fatman on 2001-12-07 02:36 ]</font>

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Believe me Sheriff, I have a past. I don't like to dig in it. But I left most of my firends since I just enlightend myslef that they are a buch of shitheads. I spent most of my time alone. It's best liek this. Really. Untill I find people that think like me, U will remain alone. But hey, I'm still working on that girl I mentioned :grin: If that works, chrismas or no chrismas I will be happy

7. Mael

Mael New Member

just a thougth, christmas is just another day, as yesterday and today, and tommorrow, some guy(BC), just said that dec 25 will be the celebration of christ birth, but in fact no dates in the bible indicating what the date really is... its just an excuse to have a party....
    for me its just an excuse to have something i want

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Christmas is actually a Roman tradition...it's just been picked up by the Church over the years...

9. Squish

Squish New Member

I still enjoy Christmas, it gives me an excuse to spend more than normal on presents for my friends and family. It also means that work starts to tone down for a couple of weeks, which means I get a break. People at my work have no idea how to handle my job...this is a good thing and a bad thing for me. It means I have job security, but it also means I can't really take vacations.

10. LPhoenix

LPhoenix New Member

RE : Merry Christmas

Just another day for me, it does give me a no excuse oportunity to be with my family, if you knew me you'd know I don't do that often :smile:

11. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

I'm with Squish. How could I object to less work and general upturn in perkiness levels throughout Christendom?

I don't like the forced cheer that some people seem to need and if you're the type to be led around by the nose by advertising exec, I can see how you'd feel the pressure, but there's nothing wrong with some genuine cheer in my book and people get whatever pressies I deem suitable.

It's best if you give people presents you would have wanted to receive yourself. That way, their faint murmurs of disappointment will fall on deaf ears AND it doubles as a veiled rebuke for them not getting that gift for you :grin:

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Well, I can't afford Porsche's for anyone in my family...I can't even afford a soapbox racer.

13. Reg Pither

Reg Pither New Member

fishface

I still enjoy Christmas, even at my advanced age, although I don't really join in much. I've given up on giving/receiving cards and presents apart from one or two very special people.

What I really don't like is that it's the so-called 'season of goodwill'. I like to think that you should be nice to everyone all year round, not just for a couple of weeks. I certainly try to live up to that, anyway.

This year, I'll be spending all Christmas day (and night...) with only my gorgeous girlfriend for company, so I don't think I've ever looked forward to the day so much! :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reg Pither on 2001-12-07 08:30 ]</font>

14. Milo

Milo New Member

I don't so much hate Christmas; It's more of getting bummed out during this whole time of year.

Don't get me wrong, I like giving to my friends and family. I like taking the time to get them thoughtful gifts. I even enjoy the shopping (which I normally can't stand), because I like thinking about each person and what gift would really be meaningful.

But then that's it. Once Christmas rolls around, I'd rather leave the gifts I bought under the tree, and go and be alone. I don't know what it is with me. I just can't stand being around the people I love at this time of year. I can't stand being around anyone, really, other than the people I work with. They don't bother me for some reason. Maybe it's because I just work with them, and there's no implied closeness or extra goodwill because of the season. This really is the worst time of the year for me.

Now despite that cheerful little bit of personal info, I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas.

15. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Thanks, and I'd really like to wish everyone a Joyous Noel, as well. I'm having a hard time getting excited about Christmas this year, because I'm not working for a CORPORATION anymore. I used to get a paid vacation, but now I just don't get paid. Bad attitude, I know, but Christmas has become so commercialized, it's stressful, all that junk.

Every year my Aunt gets me a new wallet, a nice leather one. The thing is, though, a wallet doesn't wear out in a year. So I have all these wallets in a shoebox, and they're like new. My Aunt is only happy if I immediately transfer the contents of the "old" wallet into the new one, while she points out all the nifty features of the new wallet. Maybe I should start giving them as gifts.

16. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Your not alone there man, this year we are force to have 1 week of leave, can u imagine how much I will lose during that time?? Damn! I have plans for those cash, still that will give some time to play.. :grin:
    I forgot I wont be here during that week, Im using company internet(not that Im here most of the times)..

And Mael, Merry Christmas too, and an Advanced New Year also to everybody... and did I say Happy Valentines, Happy....... heh !:D

17. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

wow Skie88, You're becomeing a regular right before my eyes! Makes me all mushy.. sniff.
    I can really say that this forum, has a really decent bunch of swingers the world has ever seen!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinxed on 2001-12-08 07:13 ]</font>

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Last I checked, we did not engage in wife-swapping and promiscuousness with other people. I could be wrong though.

19. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

Christmas will be boring for me...

Jinxed- I thought this was a joke I would let it fly, but since I don't, you better watch yourself FLR.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinxed on 2001-12-08 10:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinxed on 2001-12-09 00:39 ]</font>

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You take a lot of stuff personally don't you FLR?

Our Host!