Maximum followers

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Parmanian, May 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

If you are a mage do the same as me get some technology followers so you can use them to make stuff and then you can sell it but followers can not learn schematics which is stupid. :x

2. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Yep, sell hand grenades or eye gear (those things can be sold for some 1000 coins, while the ingredients cost less then 100). But the absolute best way is burglary- just break into a magick smith's shop at night and steal all the money and goodies, then sell them to the Underground shopkeeper or to the junk dealer. This way you can also get yourself any tech stuff you need- by stealing from the tech shopkeepers.

3. Resident Master Vampire

Resident Master Vampire New Member

4. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Lock picking skill mostly. When you have 2 points in the lock picking, you can open doors and chests in Shrouded Hills. With 3 points and an Expert status, you can rob shopkeepers in Black Root and Tarant. Make sure you do it when the shopkeepers sleep and there are no guards around. Thievery also helps- some people carry VERY useful items. Pick pocketing is a must for any mage. Techs can live without it, but then lock picking becomes a must.

5. Resident Master Vampire

Do you know you can do without that skill?
    Just advance time untill closing time.
    When the character goes into the backroom, go in with him/her.
    Prowl(precaution) or Invisible, unlocking cantrip chest and voila youre there.
    Or pickpocket Riz in Shrouded Hills for the key.
    You can take from his shop everyday. :/

6. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Yes, I know all that, but its not an option for a tech. UC's effectiveness depends on how high your MA is, and for a techie it probably won't work at all. And of course I can't be bothered to go to Shrouded Hills for 1500-2000 gold, when I can get 4000 in Tarant.
    If you're playing a mage, you might find yourself short of cash at times, especially if you like getting good (and expensive) equipment early. During the early stages of the game, when your MA and prowl are still low, you can't break into shopkeepers chests, and even stealing a scroll or two from the Shrouded Hills herbalist is a bit of a problem. But with lock picking you come out of SH already having some 5000 gold and with pretty good equipment on both you and your men.

7. Resident Master Vampire

Youre right except you can pickpocket the key frm Riz without any skills.
    Haggle for things, one or two points should do. :-?

8. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Quick note: there is some double and triple posting going on in this thread. Please don't do this, if you just posted, and realized you wanted to say something else, edit the post.

9. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

My first character was a techie but now I am playin an elven battlemage with maxed charisma. I have plenty of money but I don't buy a whole lot of stuff. I bought more recently but I have over 30k. As my original tech character I maxed my lockpicking skill and trained to master status. I had a ton of money later in the game from breaking into stores at night then selling the stuff back to them in the morning. Eventually I didn't steal much because I had so much money I just bought things. I think I had more fun with my tech character but that is partly because it was the first time I had played through and didn't know what was going to happen. Playin as a mage is fun too.

10. Resident Master Vampire

Back to the main subject ...
    There is a way to get more than the :
    1) 5: 20char
    2) 1: expert persuasion
    3) 4: special characters
    4) 1: through a possible Zen Virgil bug

I forgot to mention this earlier.
    Play as a charlatans protege(+char)
    Fill it up.
    It should reach 24.
    Thats an extra four charisma so one more character.
    It does work.
    I had a mage with 24 charisma, expert in persuasion, dog, a familiar and several characters that I either mind-controled( 5th spell in charm college) or created undead (4th necro black spell - brings dead enemies back to life under your control).
    Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't have the chance to fight. 8)

11. Canis

Canis New Member

Could you describe in detail this possible Zen Virgil bug? I'm patched, you see, and I've no desire to unpatch just to test a possibility. :)

12. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Only in the unpatched game. In the patched game, you have a limit og 20 CH even starting out higher than 8.

13. Resident Master Vampire

14. Canis

Canis New Member

Yes, why spend so many precious minutes downloading the small patch when you can better spend your time enjoying the many fine bugs the game has to offer, and then wax prosaic about them on message boards.

Now, what's the Zen Virgil bug?

15. Resident Master Vampire

After Virgil comes back to life as a Zen, I think he is free but this one is doubtful.

I didn't mean to offend about the patching issue.
    Its just that we should accept a game with its pros and cons.
    Just like a person. :lol:

16. Canis

Canis New Member

We have very little CHOICE in accepting a game as it is, good and bad. Occasionally we can fix things ourselves, but it's largely out of our hands. However, what that has to do with never applying a patch is beyond me.

If you really believe what you're saying, then please, go ahead and play Pool of Radiance 2 unpatched. And have fun doing it. :)

17. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

we all know that these game makers are on a time table and a lot of times they release the game KNOWING of the problems but won't take the time to fix it.

I can't remember playing any game that didn't have a patch somewhere along the line.

Parmanian

18. Resident Master Vampire

Pool of Radiance 2?
    Well I only have Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Dranor and its horrible.

19. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

lol can't be botherd to wait 1min to download patch i have the patched and unpatched version on my computer because my brother still has not passed the game on the unpatched version :lol:

20. Resident Master Vampire

Our Host!