Maximum followers

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Parmanian, May 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

ok so before I spend anymore points on charisma, what is the maximum amount of followers (not counting dog) can you have.

I'm at 18 now and still have 5.

It says that at 20 your followers won't leave, does that mean ole virgle stays too?

Parmanian

2. Xan Emrys

Xan Emrys New Member

Virgil?

Sadly, no, but you CAN do anything you want. I never had to choose between *spoiler* and *spoiler*. Both women joined me, and I still got to sleep with *spoiler* at least twice! You can beat virgil mercilessly and his opinion of you won't lower an iota! He'll be stupefied, even more of a sheep than he already is. Bleat, sheepy, bleat! :) :-o :lol:

Speaking of which, I should change him into a sheep when he wants to leave. It will be most... amusing.

3. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

Off the topic Zan........ seems like you played Baldurs Gate to get your name...... huh?

Parmanian

That evil mage...............

4. Xan Emrys

Xan Emrys New Member

Baldurs Gate?

While we're on this tangent....

Well, yes, I have played Baldurs gate. The first name of my first character in BG was Xan Emrys, though. I've never heard of another Zan, least of all in Baldurs gate (I lost interest when Arcanum graced my eyes).

What a bizzarre coincidence. The Xan is a shortened form of Xander, my old free form fantasy chat role play name (Xander Cain, actually. The Cain was added when I was adopted into the Cain family). And Xander is a shortened form of Alexander, a long form of Alex, which is my name.

The Emrys, on the other hand, comes from a book about Merlin. Or should I say Myrddyn Emrys? HIS name origin is, of course, much more (myth/myst)ical.

5. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

my fat fingers got me again...... i meant to hit the x

as you can see there next to each other......hehehe

Parmanian

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

At CH 20 + Expert persuasion, you have six follower slots, so you can have ten followers. The free fab four are Dante, Thorvald, Jormund, & Dog.

7. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

So I'm gonna have to spend those 2 cps to get to 20 just to get chukka at my lvl 15.

Now whos' the good (align) mages to get later on?

Parmanian

8. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

Shadygrove.............. I just went to blackroot to get dante and he is not free. He told me I had enough travelling with me. I waited jayna and asked him again and he was VERY happy to join.

Something wrong with this picture?

So I guess I'll have to get to 20 to get that 6th follower. Keep dante and forget about chukka.

By the way, I put mystic plate on gar and he looks like a stud now..... just overweight.

Parmanian

9. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Once you get Master persuasion, you can have as many followers as you want, regardless to the maximum number of people you're allowed to drag with you. It seems to override ALL requirements, including the disagreements between the mages and the women, as well as the need for an extra follower slot. Just don't leave them waiting, because after that they might suddenly remember that they don't like crowded teams.

10. Deathmage

Deathmage New Member

You can sleep with *spoiler*?! Dearie. Can you PM me to tell me how? And who?

On topic, I don't think you can get everyone to join you even if you did have 20 Charisma. I tried this once. Had about 6 or 7...

11. verminator_666

verminator_666 New Member

well its raven. i hate to be a spoiler. :)
    and i hear you can with lillain misk whatever her name is. the owner of the book's wife

12. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

13. Canis

Canis New Member

Unlike Dog, Dante requires a free spot to join, but after that he becomes free. Ask, say, Jayna to wait, get Dante, ask Dante to wait, ask Jayna to rejoin, then ask Dante to rejoin.

14. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I said Master Persuasion, not 20 Charisma. As far as I remember, Charisma 20 prevents your followers from leaving, no matter how low their reaction to you falls. Being a Persuasion Master allows you to override any requirements for making the followers join you. I remember having at least 11 followers when going into the Void (three were free though), and even after that I still got Arronax to come with me. I also had Raven and Z'an Allurin in my party at the same time, as well as Perriman and Geoffrey.

15. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

Canis......I'm back in tarant now so I will try this out with chukka. Thanks for that tip, yeah its a good thing I have a save game before putting them points into charisma to get to 20. Now I can go back and try this trick at lvl 12.

Parmanian

16. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

I just walked up to chukka and asked him to join and he did straightaway. Maybe after you get Dante in a slot then rejoin a character or add a character they just rejoin.

right now I'm expert with 3 ranks of persuation and 20 Charisma and lvl 21. Gonna load that lvl 12 backup and run to blackroot and do the trick.......

9 levels down the drain....hehehehehe

anyway its still fun to do again except going back to those games you have to remember what you haven't done

Parmanian

17. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

well i have both 20 ch and master persuasion, but i cant get more than 5 followers and the free four.

help please

18. Canis

Canis New Member

What happens when you try to recruit another follower? Do they say something about how you're all filled up?

And, as usual, are you patched?

19. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

On your character sheet you should see the max followers stat and if your
    charisma is 20 then you should see 6 as max followers. Are you sure that the free four are actually the free ones? and if the character sheet says 6 then you need to make dante wait then have next follower join and then have dante join again.

He is free but needs a slot to join and then after waiting he frees up the slot.

Parmanian

20. Canis

Canis New Member

Oh! And if he's using the Educator background he'll have -1 max followers.

Our Host!