Magick Restoration Patch v120422 *UAP Compatible*

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Cloaked Figure, Oct 18, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Cloaked Figure

Cloaked Figure New Member

Alright guys, I've updated my first post with the latest version of the Magick Restoration Pack. I've made some changes though:

First of all, I'm splitting the restoration project into two different downloads - one that restores only stable spells that still allow the player to have a serious run-through, and another which contains all the restored spells, regardless of their overpowered nature.

The 'unstable' version is still work-in-progress, but hopefully will be finished soon. The version available in the first post is the stable one, for serious play-throughs.

I've also added a MegaUpload mirror for those who are having trouble with RapidShare. A Terra-Arcanum mirror will also hopefully be added soon.

2. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Holy crap, you're still alive! Good to see you around, CF. Glad to see you're still tinkering on Arcanum, and MRP. :)

Moonlight: you shouldn't post in threads that've been unspoken in for several months. It's bad form.

3. Cloaked Figure

Thanks. I've been swamped with work this year so my ability to work on modding is limited.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome back, guy - and thanks!

5. Cloaked Figure

Thanks!

It's good to know all the modders are still around. Keeping the game alive :thumbup:

6. ThumpieBunnyEve

ThumpieBunnyEve New Member

Hay credit to the noobs too please! *^p^*

I just got a copy of this game, installed it, and before i even started playing it i spent 10 hours on forums, studying FAQ's, reading walk-throughs, collecting character editors, weapon editors, High Resolution mods, and soon, this Magic mod, (Cause i want to play as my Techno-Mage self! :evil: ).

Yes it's clear that i'm one of the lunatic idiot savants that actually enjoy research, :eek:uch: and walking into any situation more prepared then thanks giving dinner! :xoldrop:

I've already messed with the .mes to add my Photo-Shopped Furry-Bunny-Chick-Portraits! *^p^* And as soon as i make a save file, i'll be hex-editing it, to reflect my Sci-Fi Bunny-Mage's familiarity with all things magi-technical! WEEE!

My AutoHotkey progie is all fired up, and ready for new voice or key commands, and later i might compile and host a .JAR of that trixy Weapon Editor ( http://couchpotato.net/arcanumedit/ )

My Program Pistols of Casting are all warmed up and ready to execute! :akimbo: I've the resources to run a few fire walls and keep the viral zombies at bay! I'll Cold shoulder any crooks who cross me, meteor the minions of my mortal foes, and fry the fiends with my electric personality! :roll:

Only one problem, I'm tossed up between taking:
    Extreme Personality, :asshole:
    Sold Your Soul, :evil:
    Debutante, :cyclops:
    or Sickly :sick:
    (Though the latter conveys a rather unfavorably ill image, pun intended!) :puke:

All above apply rather proficiently to my fantasmagorical lapine's fictorial quintessence! *^-^*

I am however, wiggling my nose at one other perplexing conundrum.

It looks like Willpower effects magical affinity in this universe rather then the usual quotient of Intelligence? ergo, i ask, What is the relation of Intelligence vs Willpower to Magical aptitude? Statistically speaking of course. I'm sure the philosophy of the matter could spiral our heads clean off! hehehe!

Till answers find my long ears, I tip them to you, the modder putting the kick back into magic! Now Ive tortured myself long enough! I must get my greedy paws into this game! And defy it's logic, with my techno-magical pursuits!

~tbe :bunny:
    PS: I'm female dweebs!
    edit: added sig to profile, attached sig to this post. End of line.

7. Minuos

Minuos New Member

Damn. You're like a sugar rush on acid, huh?

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

You're hired. Not sure to what, though. Not that it matters.

9. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Intelligence allows you to keep more sustainable spells active. I think the reason for willpower being used is that you are bending and warping the laws of nature and reality to your will.

And sweet baby jesus all the smilies! *shudders*

10. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I think we should kill it, and fast, before anyone else catches whatever it is it suffers from.

11. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I'm not sure what irritates me more - the fact that she rambles more than me when I'm royally pissed off, or the fact that she's somehow speaking english yet as incomprehensible as Charles on a bad day.

I need a panadol.

12. Technomancer

Technomancer New Member

Okay i think a SAN check is in order i might have understood that. Shudder.

13. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

To be an effective mage, you need both Willpower and Intelligence. I believe you need intelligence to learn spells, and willpower to cast them. I don't, however, think that either effects magical affinity. It's your learning spells that does that. Otherwise a technologist who had a high willpower would have to fight to raise his technological affinity.

Second-to-Lastly, you shouldn't grave-dig threads. It's a big no-no around here. Start your own threads.

Lastly, you should tell us how old you are, so I can decide whether to ask you for pictures, or start a timer until you turn 18.

14. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

No, you need WP to learn spells. 18 willpower to learn the tier 5 spell in any college. But more INT lets you have more sustainables. I think it's 1 sustainable per 4 INT but I haven't played in about a year or so (when was the Iron Man competition?) so I could be wrong on that part.

15. moonlight

moonlight Member

he is right , you should have atleast 5 Int to be able to cast spells.

Our Host!