Mage's stuff and Shaman stuff?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Solaris, Dec 16, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Solaris

Solaris New Member

What exactly do they do and how do I use them? (And are they worth having for a pure mage or melee/mage kind of character)?

2. xento

xento New Member

All they are for is to give a mage something to work with. Some may have some spells inserted into the weapons, but I'm not sure. They are worth it, unless you want to buy them for for then 1000 to 2000 GP.

3. Val

Val New Member

staffs

How do I use the abilities of staffs. Many of them say that they have charges or abilities. How do I use the abilities? Equiped as weapons they don't seem more powerful. They don't seem to be useable like potions. I've completed the game twice, once as a mage and have yet to figure this out.

Help!

4. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

On the left side of the 10 slots, there is a black and blue button, press it, and if you have a weapon with charges, it will pop up with a list of spells you can use.

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Can the followers use those spells if I give them the stuff?

6. Canis

Canis New Member

Yes. I gave Virgil a Stillwater blade and he keeps summoning useless-yet-adorable wolves for us.

7. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Yes, if you have a magickally imbued weapon, then the botton on the left side of the quick slots turns blue and you can click on it for a list of spells.

For mage equipment and shaman equipment though, it's not just spells, but they have a certain number of charges built into them. One is more powerful than the other, but I can't remember which way round they go.

Anyway, with these, you'll notice that your money or ammo slot gets replaced with a number on a blue 'magick symbol' background. These are the charges available. What that means, is that the weapon uses a charge each time you cast a spell, instead of using your fatigue. The more charges, the more spells you can cast for free. These charges also recharge over time, but slowly. This means that the more powerful the weapon, the more charges you get, and the more spells you can cast before you have to let the weapon recharge.

Very useful for any character with magick abilities. I find the Arcan great sword quite good for this, as it has 16 charges, and is a VERY nice weapon in it's own right! A battle-mages dream! :grin:

8. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Charges are something techies use. Mages call that blue stuff Manna. & the Mage's Staff carries 50 points of the stuff. Carry 2 of them & use harm. They go a looooong way. Give a mage follower who does not have white spells the Healing Staff & I have heard that he will use its Major Heal spell on injured party members.

9. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

my mage always has mana to burn because he carries 2 arcane staffs and 3 mage staffs. 310 mana without touching your fatigue, anyone like for this?

10. Val

Val New Member

Where do you find arcane staffs? I've finished the game twice as a mage but have yet to see that staff or never noticed.

11. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Some from dungones, once or twice from the Kite chest at the crash site, but mostly from wise women & power shopping.

12. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Occaisionally, they turn up in the Tarant Magick shops, or Gypsys, but you can also pickpocket them off the mages at Tulla easily enough.

13. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

power shopping at gypsies is the best way. anything is easy to pickpocket with a fp.

Our Host!