Lords of the Water Mark

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Dec 19, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

The ghoul sat there unmoved by flying furniture and the violent death of the person next to him. In fact, his hand was suspended in the air, fingers twitching as he forced himself to realize that the drink was no longer there. The loud music muted the threats that riders directed at Svensson, Kyle only seeing the angry frowns on the people's faces and mouths opening to release further insults.

The ghoul stood up unwillingly and advanced toward the exit, a big denim-clad raider stepping to block his escape. The overdriven guitar cut out the harmonica, volume turned up to the point of spilling the noise out on the street. A metal object flashed in the ghoul's right hand as he passed the raider, a barely visible streak of light slashing across the neck. Kyle noticed the razor blade, to less keen observers the scene looked as if the raided simply handed over his switchblade to the passing ghoul. That was no average drifter there, casually walking toward the exit.

Only when the slaughtered raider fell to his knees, a few steps behind Svensson, did his friends notice something was wrong. Kyle froze in anticipation as they rushed the ghoul. They ran one after another, crowd clearing the way, their combat knives shining in the dim interior. What followed caused Kyle to lose grip on the strings, allowing deafening feedback to build up as Svensson fought the raiders.

He walked calmly toward the door, side stepping the attacks, and when given the opportunity, fought back almost lazily. The raiders were obviously tipsy, but that was no explanation for the ease with which he sunk his knife in their chests and throats. His moves were almost sloppy, his blade seemed to move slowly as it tore through his opponents' flesh, twisting as it exited the wounds and smoothly continued toward the next victim. Only the arcing blood splats reaching from floor to celling hinted at the true speed of the knife.

Kyle muted the strings, plunging the little town in its usual silence. The door slammed behind the ghoul, bloody knife embedded deeply in the door frame. No one dared follow the ghoul or even peek where he went. Blood pooled slowly from the six corpses on the floor, mixing with the dirt.

"Ya place just got fucked up!" Yelled the old man at the barkeep. Everyone silently agreed as the last gush of blood sprayed out of an unconscious corpse. Mortal wounds, thought Kyle, clean and perfectly cut. The raiders were out before they hit the ground.

The bloody execution spooked the crowd. They might have been thugs and ruthless killers themselves, but there was something thoroughly unsettling in the efficiency of what they just witnessed.

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

A bit flustered from the encounter in the shop, Wiggles was chattering incessantly as Howard strolled the streets for the small wasteland town. Having nearly cinched his transactions with the guard, and therefore in the plus as far as caps are concerned, he steadied his gaze on the nearest bar. He would absolutely love a stiff drink after his day of successful business transactions and exploding doors. He'd also love a bath, but that might have to wait for a little bit.
    Walking into the bar, the first thing Howard noticed was a ghoul sitting silently with his drink, accompanied by the gaze of every single patron. Feeling guilty for staring, Howard figured he at least owed his presence beside the ghoul. Plus, people tend to pay more attention to a supermutant covered in soot with a guinea pig on his shoulder. He could feel the bar's atmosphere change as soon as he took his first step.
    Sitting down, Howard readied his notepad;
    I can't talk. Can you read?
    The barkeeper nodded, and then unfortunately caught the gaze of Wiggles.
    Don't move. He's testing you.
    Howard whistled sharply and Wiggles calmed down.
    Two shots for me, Nuka Cola for the guinea pig.
    Howard put a bowl out on the bar, and Wiggles hopped onto the adjacent stool. After pouring the Cola for Wiggles, Howard downed both shots. He then passed a note over to the ghoul with an arrow pointing at himself;
    <--- Howard
    edit= ok, I didn't read a post pertaining to what was going on in the bar. Sorry guys.

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

"Hell's bloody bells!" Liz snatched up the supplies the apothecary had managed to gather and dropped a few caps on the counter. "I'll be back later for the rest."

She half-ran to keep up with the little girl, glancing over her shoulder once to see if John and his... well, whatever the heck that crazy-ass pet of his was... were following her. She might need someone with steady hands, and so far the man seemed fairly together.

As soon as she saw the man she got to work, checking his vitals and quickly making her diagnosis. "Bad case of dehydration, worst I've seen in a long time. I need to get his heart rate up and rehydrate him, fast."

She reached into her newly restocked pouch and pulled out a strong stimulant.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Once I'd given her the supplies, the woman left the shop as hurriedly as she'd arrived in it. All things considered, my attempts to bewitch her with my natural charm had failed quite miserably, and I felt wretched because of it. My confidence had been badly tarnished, and I was bored out of my skull waiting for the Psycho ingredients to arrive; the caravan was late as per usual, something one got all too used to doing business through the Far Go traders.

Still, I had already sold more supplies this day than I would on a regular week in this sleepy little hollow of loathing, and I knew that Butch Harris' goons would go to the local watering hole to smoothen their sand-ridden throats once they'd arrive. Since I was also curious about the scissor-handed man and the lumbering hulk with the twisted rodent, I decided to close the shop and have a drink. I had love interests to entertain, and, I knew it so hard I could FEEL it, a strange saga to record.

Pen and paper in hand, I set off to the bar.

5. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

I saw that Liz half-ran to keep up with the little girl. After that, I rose quickly from my comfortable chair, and threw my cigarette on the ground. “Sam, we have to follow Liz and the little girl. It could be possible that she need our help." I said.

On the way to the little girl's house, I saw that Liz glanced over her shoulder once to see if Sam and I were following her.

After awhile we came to a wooden house in the middle in the settlement. Inside, Liz began to check his vitals and quickly making her diagnosis. ” Bad case of dehydration, worst I have seen in a long time. I need to get his heart rate up and rehydrate him, fast." She said and reached into her newly restocked pouch and pulled out a strong stimulant.

While she was working on the strong stimulant, I took out my flask. With a drop of water, I made the lips of the man wet. Not too much. That is because too much water is fatal for those who have a bad case of dehydration.

” Can you hear me, Simon?” I asked.

6. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Fucking useless wastelander punks. Too weak even to handle one single fucking ghoul in a barbrawl. No wonder the Brotherhood never had any problem with those incompetent monkeys; noone outside the Brotherhood knew how to fight anyway. Except for the muties, of course. But those fuckers cheated, what with their boosted physicality and all that shit. No, the only real men around were found amongst his brothers. Former brothers now, though. Even they had grown soft. Even they had forgotten that the only sensible reply to mutation was extermination. Harry sighed.

If you want something done, you gotta do it yourself, right? he said to nobody in particular, and got up from his chair. He quickly finished his drink, nodded to the bartender, and went out the front doors.

7. Grossenschwamm

Howard stared about the bar as the ghoul walked out.
    Funny...he thought,I didn't notice how run down this place was when I walked in here. That must've been the noise I heard...must be the heat.
    The last time Howard was in a bar this wrecked, he was asked kindly to take Wiggles and get the fuck out of town. Good thing Wiggles calmed down since then. It would probably be better to simply fund the bar's repairs by buying a few more shots...and he'd get a beer for Wiggles this time.
    He looked down at the super guinea pig.
    Wheeek! Wheeeek...!
    Oh, great...he looks really hungry now. And his food is...
    In the desert. During treks through the wasteland, Wiggles will sleep for days at a time, waking only during emergencies. Apparently, Howard forgot to pack his food the last time he set off, which was about three days ago. Things could get pretty interesting with a hungry rodent at his side. The only thing to do during times like these is to act calm, and make sure noone surprises the pig. A beer will calm him down, for sure, but Howard needs his wits about him if he's going to find food. Just one more shot ought to do it.

8. Dark Elf

Media:
    I wasn't surprised to see Cait Sith (from where did I get that name?) sitting in the bar when I arrived. As if that wasn't disconcerting enough, the rodent continually squealed and showed off its frightening set of teeth, casting hungry glances at the clientele, which presently included me as well. God knows that the wasteland is full of all manner of mutated beasts, rodents being no exception, and I had had the questionable pleasure to put some of these miscreants down myself on my various trips (double entendre intended). But THIS? There was just something about this woeful little vermin that told me that it would be hell on wheels in a fight, and that even the caliber of my trusty old Magnum wouldn't suffice to stop it from disemboweling me, should it be inclined to do so.

In short, I needed a stiff drink. The barkeep poured me my usual glass of gin and tonic, and I took a seat at one of the small tables by the corner. I knew something interesting would happen soon, just knew it.

And it did. Moments after I had sat down and taken the first sip of my drink, a ghoul came flying in a cloud if splinters through the second door to be demolished that very day.

9. Wolfsbane

Bastard sonofabitch! Harry bellowed as he limped through the now ruined front door, one hand covering his bleeding eye. If he hadn't been wo he was, he would've been very fucking dead by now. But, having been one of the Brotherhoods most skilled (and definetly the most enthusiastic) mutie-killers, he'd picked up a few things along the way that gave him the ability to survive ambushes like the one he'd just experianced.

Normally, he would beat his target mutie up real good before sending them on to whatever lied in store for them on the other side, but not today. The fucker in front of him could still have tricks up his sleeve. So, without another word, he drew the handcannon from its holster on his right hip and gave the ghoul in front of him the "mercy"shot. The muties head exploded in both green and red goo, spraying an unfortunate customer with slime.

What can I say, said Harry and holstered the gun, You gotta shoot 'em in the head.

10. Dark Elf

Media:
    There was slime in my drink. Ghoul slime. It may very well be that I've hitherto tried every psychedelic substance that has come my way, but the radiated brain substance of a walking mutated corpse dissolved in what moments ago was quality alcohol was just one of those things where I felt that I had to draw the line.

I poured the contents of the glass on the floor, and felt a strange contradictory sensation of relief and anxiety at the same time. People who blew off other people's heads in a bar full of people usually meant trouble in that you either got a serious piece of work on your hands or suddenly found your own head blown off before you could as much as react, but the dead ghoul on the floor coupled with the change of focus in the ferocious rodent's greedy little eyes in all probability meant that I, at least at the time being, did not have to fear becoming the lunch of a genetically challenged lagomorph.

11. Grossenschwamm

This isn't good. I have a hungry guinea pig and another cowboy with guns ablaze...this one seems a bit crazy.
    Howard had a decent buzz going, and Wiggles' stomach was audible. Wiggles pounced at the ghoul, teeth gnashing. Howard was embarrassed, because now the whole bar knew exactly what kind of monster was keeping up residence on the shoulder of the soot-covered mutant who walked into town.
    Wheek!
    Well...at least he'll be a little more quiet from now on.
    Howard stepped from the barstool and gathered Wiggles, who in seconds had eaten his fill. He quickly left the bar, not wanting to attract further attention, and after seeing the eyes of the man who shot the ghoul...
    Things just got a bit more interesting in town. I'm definitely going to need my new weapons with this nutter around.

12. Arthgon

“Can you hear me, Simon?” I asked again. He tried to talk, but there only came some mumbling words out of him. “Will he be alright?” the little girl asked. ” Of course, he is in the save hands of Liz now.” I told her.

Liz looked up from what she was doing, and said ” Alright John, now hold his arms and legs real tight, so that I can give him the strong stimulant.” I stood up; hold his arms and legs very tight, while she gave him the strong stimulant.

“It’s good to see that you both came to help this poor man. “ I looked up, and saw a beautiful blond woman in a blue dress (who bears a strong resemblance to the little girl.) walking down the wooden stairs.

“That‘s just our job. Mrs.?” I said. “I am Sandra, mother of Cathy, and wife of Gregory. My husband Greg and his brother Dave found the poor man next to one of those pools, contaminated by the radiation. “ she answered back.

“Yes, luckily for him, he did not drink from it, or he would have died from the radiation.” said Greg.

“Tell him about the weird camel you saw, daddy?” asked Cathy.

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

"Camel?"

The effects of the stimulant had brought her patient's heartbeat up to a normal pace and his breathing was growing steadier by the moment. She would let him sleep now, and let his own body finish the job. He was strong, he'd make it now.

14. The_Bob

Doodling along on his guitar, Kyle was processing what he just witnessed. A mutant hater... and a pretty able one at that. May be handy if his friend was going to visit the little town... And the intel 4AM this morning was quite solid. He wrecked the Scrapwater way station two days ago, wiping out a water merchant caravan, and headed West... This being the nearest settlement in his path, probably the only one he can reach before his supplies run out.

Winding down a solo, Kyle looked across the bar. The blood stains on the floor clotted up already, bodies dragged out the back door to rot in the sun. The owner of The Atlantis will probably ask him to drive them into the desert tonight, burying corpses in the backyard is known to be bad for business. Of course, usually someone would claim the bodies, but it seems the entire gang was wiped out, and then the person responsible got snuffed. And nobody bothered asking the next person in line. Well, maybe he should also avoid that topic, thought Kyle.

Speakers cracked slightly as Kyle turned off the pickups, announcing that he was done for the moment. Minutes later his hardware was standing in the corner and the artist himself was sitting down, a stool away from Harry. It took him half his drink to decide if he wanted to take the chance.
    "So I see you're not on good terms with the 'muties," Murmured Kyle "you might be interested in a rumor or two I've heard about one in these parts. Red-eyed Jim they call him," kyle added, hoping the name would strike a chord.

15. Wolfsbane

Now that does sound interesting, mister. But I've just had my eye cut out by this here dead fucker, see, Harry said and kicked the ghouls squishy corpse, and I've got to do something about it before I bleed to death. Stick around and I promise I'll get back to you later. Ok? Ok.

As interesting as the mans half-stated proposal had sounded, Harry was simply in no position to be standing about, chatting along with the patrons of the establishment he was currently in. No, hed had to stop the bleeding right away if he wanted to stay alive (which he did). He also had to get something for the pain. Maybe Med-X.

An idea came to his head.

He suddenly turned to a man staring down into his until recently slime-free drink, a man who looked quite disturbed, and walked up to him. You're the chem dealer, right? he said. Sorry about he drink, friend, but I'll tell you what. I'll buy you a new one if you take me to that nice little store of yours and sell me some med-x right away, ok?

16. Dark Elf

Media:
    Never the one to say no whenever drinks are offered, I accepted the proposal and brought the mutant slayer to the store, where I expedited his demands. Med-X will help, but you probably ought to see a doctor about that I said and pointed at his eye. I felt a bit weary around him as I'd recently seen him kill, but dope is a great way to dull your feelings to the point of stupidity in this kind of situation, and besides I was no more mutated than anyone living on the surface.

So you kill mutants for a living? I asked as we walked back to the bar.

17. Wolfsbane

He was right about the wound, of course. The improvised bandage Harry'd managed to come up with during the short period when he and the chem dealer (or was it junky?) wouldn't quite cut it if he wanted to stop the bleeding permanently. But the Med-x would help with the pain until he could find someone to stich him up.

So you kill mutants for a living? the dealer suddenly asked.

Not really, no, Harry responded, Although I would if enough people payed enough money to have those mishaps wiped. Right now, it's more like a... hobby of mine.

When they got back to the bar, Harry bought the dealer the drink he'd promised, bade his farewells and sought out the other fellow who'd had something interesting to say about some mutant or other. That didn't take long, now did it? Harry said as he settled down in front of the man, Now what was it that you wanted to tell me?

18. Arthgon

“Ah, yes. “ He turned his head towards his wife, and told her to give them some privacy.

” Cathy, dear, shall we go and play with Suzy? Your daddy needs to speak with these people in private. “ She took the child by her hand, and led her into the kitchen. “Oh...mom. I don‘t want to...” I heard coming from the kitchen.

” Sorry about this, but I think it is better for them. Now please take a seat.” and point us to the red couch. While we sat down, and Sam took his place next to it, Greg walked to the liquor cabinet. I could see that this cabinet dated back from the pre-war. He opened it, and took some glasses and a bottle of whiskey from it. ” Do you want something to drink? I do have a fine whiskey. “ He asked us.

” Yes. I would like to have a whiskey, but without any ice or water, please. “ I told him.

” Do you want to drink some whiskey, Doctor?" Greg asked Liz.

19. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

"I won't say no," Liz said quietly. She could feel the shadows under her eyes developing already, and she knew that once word got around that a doctor was in town, she wouldn't get the chance for a drink for quite some time. It was the price she paid for her talents.

She took the drink with an appreciative smile and leaned against the nearest wall to hear Greg's story.

20. The_Bob

"So I take it you never heard of the red eyed Jimmy ?" Kyle smirked. "The story's that even before Master got blown to hell, Jimmy wasn't right in the head. And I mean bad. Ya'see, most mutants tend to get dumb after they're dipped, very few staying as they were in the head. Jimmy was better then that - he got smarter, philosophical almost. He was the Master's right hand, took care of all the dirty business in the South... But the day the whole Master thing went up in flames, Jimmy safely away on an errand, he got batshit crazy, wants to kill all humans now." Kyle paused to inspect his one-eyed companion, then downed his drink in one gulp. "Thing is, he ain't dumb like the other supermutants... He doesn't go in guns blazing if he knows he won't make it through. Right now he's working to cripple Junktown, cutting off the caravan routes, wrecking waystations and towns too little to have heavy defences. Gathering stray muties to help him out. And last i heard..." Kyle paused for the dramatic effect "...He's headed here. Now I don't exactly agree with his plan to go around shooting people, so I expect to give him a little surprise once he's here. Normally I'd consider that suicide, but the rumors I've heard are more interesting then just the story I told you. Back in Scrapwater, he wrecked there three days ago, he met more resistance then he expected. Some Bortherhood type, last i heard, but different, tougher. Wasted two other mutants, messed up the rest, they had to bring the whole house down on him just to make the guy stop shooting... Or so the rumors say. They also explain how he got his name." There were some people listening in at this point, some scared, some doubtful. Most were plain bored and happy that the ol' Boombox stopped pollutin' their town with noise. "They say that Jim's eyes almost melted away after he got dipped. He can see alright, but not when the day's too bright... Like today, makes his eyes bleed. So I brought along a bunch of flashbombs that should give me just the window to cripple the bastard," he said tapping his shotgun, "enough for real gunmen to finish the job... But with you to help me, I could hope to waste the fucker on the spot, and maybe even get him before he reaches this town. He should be with one, maybe two other mutants, bet all three messed up good after the last fight..." Kyle looked Harry in the eye, his expression suddenly shifting to the cunning look of a killer looking for an accomplice "...are you in ?"

Our Host!