Loghaire returns

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Pirate Tony, May 10, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Questions -

After you take Loghaire as a follower, does he play any part later in the game, cutting into some converation or maybe unlocking a quest ?

Does Harrow work at all, and when it does, how strong does it get ?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, he does play a significant role in a couple of places in the game. No, I won't spoil it for you.

And as for Harrow, I, personally don't much care for it and neither does Magnus, so I really don't know too much about its specs.

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

It's a good axe if you're good, and don't have the pyrotechnic axe. Wasn't thinking when I posted that, butit's probably because I try not to use the P-axe...I think of it as a cheat.
    Well...maybe I'll just modify the Harrow axe proto and make it kick ass.

4. The_Bob

Yeah, so it would really kick ass, and it wouldn't be chearing, becouse only pyro axe is cheating.

5. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I had another little question about Loghaire:

Is that thing with the dwarves attacking Tarant something real, or is it one of Blinkys jokes? And if it's true, and if you've done it, I'd like to ask you guys how exactly one should do to trigger it.

So, how does one do?

6. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, Wolfsbane, you've got me curious about the dwarven attack. I hadn't heard of it until now.

8. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Tongs. I learn something new every day here.

10. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Thats awesome! Thats going to be my next playthrough! Can you trigger it at anytime, or just during a select scene?
    *sharpens useless Harrow axe*

11. Grossenschwamm

Yeah, I only caught the irony of my statement after I put it in, and then I didn't care enough to do anything about it.
    Eh...I guess I'll leave it as is. I mean, I don't feel like spending all the time fudging with variables just so see if something stops sucking. That and I just don't have the wherewithal.
    What I don't mind changing is the sniper rifle, and giving it constant damage, as opposed to the 10-30 it got after the patch.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sniper rifle alter: Please do! It sounded like it'd be fun, but I was rather dissapointed with the thing.

13. The_Bob

Actually, the guns in arcanum need a total overhaul of mechaniks and damadge/speed ratios IMO.

Making the LGR too powerfull will obseleate the elephant gun and the hand cannon. Maybe leave the damadge it does, but increase the to-hit or critical chance bounses ?
    Would make more sense for a long range weapon made to pick off enemies before they get too close. It wouldn't make any sense to use anything else tho, if LGR had a 70%+ chance of getting a critical at any range. Make it slow maybe, so it would only be useful for sniping?

The more I think of it, the more I realize it's the wrong forum for such ideas, and that guns could use (yet another?) thread on how they should work...

14. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Not at all, threads here are Darwinian in nature.

As for the sniper becoming better than the Elephant gun, its already done that, that gun for all its damage is to slow to be useful. A powerful sniper rifle would make quite a good seventh gun however, if it swapped places with the Elephant gun.

15. Grossenschwamm

Yeah, I fucking cheated. I downloaded the (compiled) arcanum weapon editor from Frigo's website, opened my web browser to the correct address, and gave myself a sniper rifle with a range of 30 meters, and damage of 1000. Now, whenever I shoot something, it explodes. And I can kill them before they can even see me. Yup. I cheated like a son of a bitch. And, you know what? I don't care. I beat the game 5 times without cheating once. Always as a good person, too. Now, it's time to play the super-villain.

16. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

So it works now?

What is the address of Frigo's site? (Never thought I'd ask that)

17. Grossenschwamm

http://uran.extra.hu/game/arcanumedit.jar
    It'll only work if you have the most recent Java runtime environment. Then after you download it, put 127.0.0.1:5678 into your web browser, and you'll see the weapon editor. Then, simply select the weapon you want to edit, and press "Load". There's a limit to how much you can change, but it's obviously not THAT strict, considering I buffed the looking glass rifle to instant kills.
    If you want more info, it's in the same topic that you started about the weapon editor.

18. Pirate Tony

Pirate Tony New Member

:D Thank you to everyone that responded :D As for the Harrow axe question. I think it looks great, but doesn't live up to it's image. It looks cool but the Arcane axe destroys it as does the Pyro Axe.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, but keep in mind: More than anything else, Harrow was intended to be a symbol of Dwarven rule than an uber-weapon. King Loghaire's father used it, and probably his father - etc., and as such it became the dwarven equivilant of Excalibur. At least in status.

Had the game creators given a few extra moments thought to that idea, then yes, it could have become the all-powerful dwarven axe Loghaire seems to think it is.

20. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Don't worry, Harrow will rise again. I'll make sure of it.

Our Host!