Life as a dwarf

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Quethim, Nov 25, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Quethim

Quethim New Member

[ooc]
    Name: Kingar Bloodbane

Race: Dwarf

Physical Description: A muscular shaped dwarf about 4 feet, 2 inches and 321 pounds. He has a brown hair (hair and beard). His skin is rough and scarred.

Skills: He is able to create basic weapons with his technological skills. He is highly skilled with firearms and he can do slight repairs.

Personality: He hates magic. He is just another grumpily old dwarf. He is one very curious dwarf though, if he ever finds anything interesting, he will examine it for hours. If he finds a cave he has never been to, he will explore every inch or it.

History: He grew up exploring caves. He has explored every tunnel in his great old dwarven mountain. He has collected many artifacts from a lot of the tunnels that has made him rich among his dwarves. He has never been outside of these mountains. He has been through many battles against cave monsters, which is how he got all of his scars. He has never encountered anything with magic. Till now....
    [/ooc]

Dwarves had been disappearing from the city recently. About 3 dwarfs were missing, and 3 dead. The death of the dwarves was hideous. Their heart was taken out and eaten, from what it looked like. The tracks of blood were brought to a mysterious cave, never before seen by any dwarf. Many dwarven warriors were sent into the caves, but none returned. The king sent for me, since I was the best explorer the dwarves had.

"I want you to explore these caves. But do not go alone!" He turned and looked at five dwarves. "I want you five to go to the closest towns to this mountain. Bring back any adventurers interesting in this case. Tell them that a huge reward will be given to them. We are desperate and will take mages!" The five left in a hurry. The king then turned back to me. "I will call you when we have a group of adventurers. You shall not go into the caves by yourself! We need as much help as we can get, for it is a tough thing to do. We have sent our greatest warriors, and none have returned. If I were you, I would get supplies right now."

So that is exactly what I did, I went to get some supplies. Food, ingredients for weapon making, repair kits, and everything else I would need. With all of that done, I sat down at the entrance of the mountain waiting for any adventurers.

[ooc] All right, you people can join in as Adventurers, or you could be dwarves that the king has also sent for. You get to pick. I'm not sure exactly where the dwarven place is, probably somewhere near Caladon. So you all can be collected by some messengers at Caladon or something. [/ooc]

2. xento

xento New Member

[occ]
    Name: Mathew
    Birth Place: Vendigroth
    Skill: Based in technology - mastered every technology type - master of firearms, repair, and disarm trap
    Looks: Tall, muscular and thin. Light tan, brown-blond hair, and blue eyes.

When Arronax resserected all of Vendigroth, Mathew was the first born. 25 years later, he is a great worshiper of Velorien and an awesome technologist. He is out in Caladon on buisness.

[/occ]

I was in Caladon, talking to Mr. Maxim about his latest invention: the helecopter. I helped him improve by showing him ancient schematics for the Vendigrothian helecopter.

I was just about to help him sketch the new designs, when a dwarf walked by calling for all adventurers to come to the main square. I told Maxim I would come back to help him finish, but was going to see what it was all about. I stuffed my schematics in my backpack and left.

[occ] If anyone else from Caladon wants to come, they had better do it now.[/occ]

3. Icairus

Icairus New Member

[ooc]
    Name: Q'ay Teera
    Race: Half-Elf
    History: She is nearly all elf, in all her lineage, only her great-grandfather was human, but she looks fully human but for all practical purposes is an elf. When she was a mere 80, a group of humans came through her city. Seeing her incredible beauty, they wanted to bring her to a city and have her become a model, making them quite rich. They wound up kidnapping her and running to Tarant, where they made her as a supermodel, every clothing company wanted her. At night in Tarant, however, she met with a great archmage who trained her in the college of Mental. After she had learned Nightmare, her friend stopped coming, she has not seen him since. Sick of the life she had been forced to lead by day, she cast Nightmare one day on the catwalk. Everyone ran, and she escaped. She ran into the wilderness and hid in a cave. She had much trouble living in this cave, but one day, another half-elf ran into the cave. She hid, making sure he would not notice her with magick. After a few days, she gave up with that and talked to him. She found out that he was an expert at throwing, and that he had tried to steal the newest model of a chakram. He began to train her in throwing, and in return, she trained him in the mental college, but it was difficult, with no people around to work the spells on. They soon decided that they would head off on adventures, which they did. Soon (some 105 years) later, making her they had both become masters of throwing, and could cast Dominate Will. They had become adventurers, wandering around Arcanum, fighting monsters. However, her friend was not nearly as elven as she was, and could no longer adventure, although he insisted that he could, and he died at the hands of a Wyvern. She mourned his death for several years, then continued adventuring, looking to eradicate Wyverns from existence, and managing to acquire the one and only Azram's Star, and wound up in Stillwater, where she met the Dwarf...
    Sorry if my history was too short. I am hoping it covers all of her attributes, even in its brevity.
    Quethim, unless I am confused, 93 is a bit young for a dwarf who would be important enough to be sent by the King on this adventure.
    [ooc]
    The Dwarf came into town, yelling about how he was looking for adventurers. I informed him that I was an adventurer. He told me that he prefered not to have the short-lived humans, as they were often to reckless, but his need was desperate. I informed him that I was older than he, but he didn't believed me, he was still convinced I was human because I look that. He said that there was a problem in some of the mines, and that he would take me there immediately, or I might be too old to adventure. I decided that it would probably not be advisable to cast anything on him, or to let Azram do the talking, so I just ignored basically anything he said and followed him to the mine where he said everyone was going to meet.

4. xento

xento New Member

I walked up to the dwarf and said I would like to help. He glared at me and said he didn't want any foolish, short-lived humans helping to save all of the dwarves from death. I informed him I hailed from Vendigroth, which, because of our intense study of technology and worship of Velorien, had broken the life barrier for humans and could live over 800 years!

He commented I was still only 21, but I mentioned that I had been studying for years, and was very intelligent and well versed in technology. I also mentioned I had a quite wise head on my shoulders and, if he did as well, he would be smart enough to let me help, considering his current situation.

He nodded and told me the location of his mines. I immediatly ran to Maxim, telling him I would be leaving town. He nodded and I set off for the mines, but stopped in the local technology shop on the way to stock up on firearm ammo, as well as some food and healing herbs.

Our Host!