Leonard Boyarsky speeks again.

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Dragoon, Aug 5, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

This time he gives some info about Vampire to <a href="http://www.gamezone.com/news/08_04_04_09_21AM.htm">GameZone</a>. You can learn about the game setting, engine and strongest points. I found this bit quite interesting:
    <br>
    <br><blockquote>Question: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is a title that has thrived in the darkness of other times. What prompted upgrading the tale to the present day and why did you choose Los Angeles as the setting?
    <br>
    <br>Leonard: Actually, the Vampire: The Masquerade system is geared toward the modern world, unless you’re talking about the Dark Ages sourcebook. We wanted to make a game that reflected the feel of the contemporary World of Darkness, with all its political intrigue and challenges of Vampire society in today’s world. Also, we felt that there was no need to make this a Dark Age game, since there are so many fantasy RPGs in similar settings and this one seemed to lend itself well to different setting anyway. We chose LA as the setting because it’s the “anarch free state� which fit into the story we wanted to tell nicely.
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>Q: In speaking of Los Angeles, there are some famous sites, which are not truly the ones in the area but rather look-alikes simply because of licensing issues. Were you surprised by some of the restrictions you had in creating this game in a real-world setting as opposed to a truly fantasy setting?
    <br>
    <br>Leonard: I was shocked at what we couldn’t use that I thought should have been public property, and therefore not a problem. Boy, am I naïve. The “Hollywood� sign…forget it. I think the most surprising thing was the fact that we couldn’t even use the Santa Monica pier sign; we had to make up our own.</blockquote>
    <br>
    <br>Quite funny in that very ironic, sad way.
    <br>
    <br>Source: <a href="www.rpgcodex.com">RPG Codex</a>

2. Icairus

Icairus New Member

speaks contains an a

The whole thing is very interesting. Don't just read this clip.

3. xento

xento New Member

Copyrights can make some of the seemingly most trivial things seem like the world. I didn't realise it was that strict, either.

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

How hard will it be for me to convince admins to do me just that one lil favour and use POWAH on a pathetic excuse for a Vampire like you. ;)

Our Host!