Kiss of the WereBeast

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by TONGSyaBASS, Aug 25, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Short version: This file will give you 2 new items that allow you to change into a werewolf or a snakeman (snakeman for orcs, half-orcs and Gar only). To get the items visit the Darke Magick Shoppe in Tarant and ask about her special items.

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?c ... tSetup.zip

Long version: As some of you may know I've been working on 2 rather large Arcanum projects for a couple of years now. I almost released one of them several months ago but then it kept getting bigger and so the release kept getting further away.
    I was browsing the forums yesterday for the first time in nearly 2 months and I read a post which went along the lines of: "Lycanthropy would be sweet! Dude!". It occurred to me that I made 2 items well over a year ago that do just that and they've been sitting on my computer with the other 60 items I have created.
    So in case anyone is starting to think I'm all talk I thought I'd better release something. Here are the lycanthropy items. I've decided to release them separately as they are 2 of my favourite creations.
    (Any modders can browse through the included files to get a sneak preview of all my unreleased items as I didn't bother removing the names and descriptions from the list files).

I consider this file to be Beta until such time as multiple people have used it without problems. So if anyone does have a problem with them please post here and let me know.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Nice to know you're still with us, TONGS.
    I just download the zip, so it looks like I'm going to be playing instead of working today. :)

3. Oracle

Oracle Member

So you're currently working on those projects again? It would be a shame when such big projects gets dropped.

What are these project about anyways ? I'm very interested.

And great work on these 2 small mods :thumbup:

4. Maduk

Maduk New Member

Are these items like Stillwater Blade? Own spell? Or how does it work?

5. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

I never fully stopped.
    Last year I started a PhD and moved in with my girlfriend so I've had a lot less time to myself. I find it difficult to work on Arcanum while America's-next-top-makeover-eat-yourself-thin-home-improvement-show is on in the background. Next month I'm moving to a bigger flat which will have a separate computer room and living room so I'll be able to do some work in the evenings.
    /Biography

One is the Uber Hack (or Uber Patch if you prefer). The aim is to basically fix all known bugs and tidy up the game a bit, implement all non-functioning schematics (e.g. clockwork physician, Schreck's pistol) add dozens of new items and schematics, spice up existing random encounters, add new random encounters, carry out some minor balance changes to some weapons and spells and a whole bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now.

The other is a stand-alone module called The Western Isle...or The Mithril Isle if you ask the dwarves...or The Cage of the Beast if you ask the elves...but that's all I will say for now.

Both amulets have custom spells attached to them which call custom effects. These turn the wearer into either a snakeman (like Treat, the orc in the boil) or a werewolf.
    If you want to know exactly what they do in game then try them out!

6. Oracle

Oracle Member

thank for the info.

I hope both mods gets to see the daylight :thumbup:

7. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

what about wererat and werebunny or something to turn you into the the dreaded working class wereorc! That would be funny. I can see the Tarantian article about it :" A disease rampaging through the upper classes that turns gnomes into orcs at night where they are rounded up and put to work in factories, collapsing at dawn and waking to find themselves socially violated in the morning. Rumors spread that it is a plague started by Don Throgg with the help of some adventure he met in the warehouse disctrict. Whether the cause is technological, magical, or otherwise is unknown. Fears abound that some of the progeny of these wereorcs might be cursed with half orcish or even full orcish features and many domestic disturbances have been reported. Don Throgg could not be reached for comment. Local orcs could not control their unrestrained brutish glee regarding the plight of the wereorc gnomes and requests for comments have only be met with uncontrolled laughter."

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Would that mean that Gar is adtually just a guinea pig?

9. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

Upon downloading this for testing, it killed my Machine Plate fix/hack I had installed. Simply cutting and pasting the text :

{359}{st +3, maxhps -6, maxfatigue +15%} // NEW EFFECT FOR MACHINED PLATE ADDED BY RANDEL CLAWSON

to line 359 of your effect.mes quickly fixed it since it already pointed to the script file made by Randel. I love the MP fix since for tech characters str is likely the only way to be able to use better weapons. The virgils, sebastian, and vollinger's need it to evolve beyond capgun/charged sword usage.

EDIT: sure, make Gar "Patient 0"... lol.

10. Oracle

Oracle Member

Hey TONGSyaBASS

How are the projects faring? Seeing that you started a PhD, you probably have little to no free time. I kinda know the life of a PhD since I'm working for one now. work work work...

Anyway you probably seen that someone is patching the bugs as well and I thaught maybe it would be a good if you 2 could share fixes?
    How about an small update TONGSyaBASS :)

11. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Generally it is accepted that one doesn't dig up threads over a week old. Opening one over a year old is less acceptable. Please don't repeat don't do this again. I respect your interest in knowing what's going on, but generally, if a thread's been dead for a year, that's all there is to know about that topic.

12. Oracle

Oracle Member

alright won't happen again..

I thaught it wasn't to big of a deal it ya stay ontopic.
    Difrent forum, difrent rules I guess..

Why is it a problem anyway it isn't like post are flooding here anymore?

13. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

This thread's over a year old. Most likely, the people who posted in this thread no longer check the forum. You'd be better off contacting someone who around back then, and involved in the discussion, and is still active (like Rroyo), and inquire to them as to whether orn't they've heard anything from Tongs, or whichever member you're looking for.

Lastly, Please don't respond to this. Let's just let this thread die again in peace, ok?

14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

In spite of what DarkFool said about not responding - I'll do so.

I contacted TONGS not long after his final post about trying to use an element or two in my hack and that was the last time I've heard from him.

15. stylex

stylex Member

16. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

Our Host!