Katthorn spectacles needed for Wheel Clan

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Bane99, Dec 23, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Bane99

Bane99 New Member

That Thorvald dude told me I need spectacles with Kathorn crystals to see the mines, where do I get these spectacles?
    Much appreciated

2. Odi

Odi New Member

Kathorn Crystal is a common gem in Arcanum. You have several choices on picking up a set of Wheel Clan Specs:
    1. With enough pursuasion you might talk the dwarf into giving up his set.
    2. Without enough prowling skill, speak to the dwarf so that his back is facing the locked chest, then go pick the lock to retrieve the Wheel Clan Specs schematic. Then with a pair of specs and a crystal, make your own.
    3. Kill the dwarf and take the specs.
    4. At the docs of Ashbury is a Spectacle Shoppe. With a Kathorn Crystal inhand, the shopowner will make you a pair of the needed specs for 1,000.

3. Bane99

Bane99 New Member

Thanks dude,I will go to that spectacle shop and buy a pair I know which 1 your talking about

4. Bane99

Bane99 New Member

Please can you or some1 tell me where I can get another Kathorn cause I sold my last 1 for much needed cash.

5. Odi

Odi New Member

Fortunately it's about the most prolific stone in Arcanum (unlike black diamonds).

1. You might check with the NPC who bought your crystal or hit the nearest dungeon/monster site.

2. If your character is not strong enough to completely clear out that Mansion/Castle on the North edge of Ashbury, its possible to find a crystal in one of the easier chest areas.

3. There could even be one under the Ashbury cemetery (unless you have already completed that quest too).

No certainty as the loot spawns are somewhat random.

4. Then there is the ancient temple West of Ashbury that the townspeople tell you about.

6. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

You can pickpocket the glasses off of Thorvalid, or if you convince him to join you then you can take the glasses off his inventory

Our Host!