Joe Cartoon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darkwalker, Jan 31, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

http://www.joecartoon.com/
    Lots of kick ass games and cartoons, Torpedo Joe is my favorite. Give it a try and tell me what ya think.

2. xento

xento New Member

Well, first of all, I got something on the page that said I was the 1,000,000th person to visit the site, but instead of a lot of free stuff, there was just an annoying background picture of a castle with really fake-looking balloons flying all over the place in the foreground. :D

I can't tell you what I think of it now, though. I couldn't find the torpedo joe stuff and, because of my slow connection, didnt want to look around. Could you give me the direct link to it?

3. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Xento, it did the same thing for me. It's an ad. An obnoxious one at that. Speaking of obnoxious, why do you have a foot long sig, xento? A broken image none the less! It's worse than your spam can.

4. xento

xento New Member

:D Sorry...

I was trying to change it from the one it was to the one it is now. I was having trouble, because, with linking with geocities.com, it will only remotely link .txt files. I was opening the .gif file in notepad and then saving it as .txt. However, it caused problems, as you saw, so I directly re-named the file from .gif to .txt without opening it. It works now. Sorry about the sig problem, though.

5. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

I can't imagine why you guys are having problems, simply X the add and the home page will be displayed. Torpedo is under "cartoons" another good one is "Osama sissy fight" under new stuff.

6. Canis

Canis New Member

You know what? I think that broken foot long sig image was why Netscape kept crashing on me a little while ago every time I tried to load a thread in which he'd posted. Didn't crash Explorer though, but then I had to deal with the foot long broken sig image AND my distaste of using IE.

But now that his sig is fixed, I can use Netscape again! Huzzah! :grin:

7. xento

xento New Member

Ya, Darkwalker, that Ossama one is rather old. I saw it on shockwave.com, once.

Canis, sorry again about goofing things up for awhile there. Won't happen again, because I know how to keep it from happening now. :)

BTW, you use Netscape? I HATE Netscape! My personal opinion, though...

8. Canis

Canis New Member

I used to LOVE Netscape (version 3 and earlier) but then they lost me until version 7. It was the first graphical browser I used... *sigh*... before that time I just used Lynx. Well actually I hated this version at first too, but then I built myself a better computer that could handle such things, and now I'm hooked on Netscape again! Yippee! It just looks so clean and spiffy, and I love the tabs.... *drool*

I never really could get into IE. It always gave me the impression of being a half-assed product, with a childish interface, and I couldn't bother with any of the third-party skins. (Though I still have a Lexx browser skin around here someplace....) Only problem I have with Netscape is that it gives me a "connection refused while trying to contact ads.doubleclick.net" (or something) error every time I load a page at Terra Arcanum. Had to change to the silver forum because of that, too. Ah well. World's not perfect.

9. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

I'm considering re-naming this thread Netscape. So as not to confuse anyone who came here for Joe Cartoon. :x

10. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I thought Joe Cartoon was funny, Darkwalker. I liked the thing about crop circles. Hehe... that made me snicker. Then I had to go back to researching biomass.

Our Host!