ITT: I shall ask questions three.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Billmatic, Jan 5, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Billmatic

Billmatic New Member

1. I have leather armor that says -10 NP. Is this something to do with noise and sneaking?

2. I found a thread that mentions what the fatigue value is on a weapon but since I can't bump it for clarification I want to know if since my Charmed Staff says Fatigue 3-15 (+6) if that is what that meant. I haven't played this game in a few years and I don't remember if there are any other magical weapons with different parenthetical values on them.

3. And finally one last question I can't search for since I don't know what the hell it is. Sometimes instead of my gold I get a magic logo and a number (currently 000020) on the bottom left hand of my screen. What the hell is that?

[​IMG]

Is that supposed to be charges because to my knowledge the Charmed Staff doesn't do anything.

also a fourth question which has nothing to do with arcanum but has me extremely annoyed: why does the reply form say HTML is ON when it really ISN'T.

2. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Yep.

This fatigue value is the fatigue damage you cause to an enemy at a successful hit. The number in parenthesis means the extra damage you cause when you're at 100% Magickal Aptitude. At e.g. 50% MA, you do half of this extra damage, so 3-15 + 3 = 6-18. And yes, a lot of magickal weapons have these values.

You've probably equipped a magickal weapon that can cast some spells. That number is the uses available (at least IIRC).

Yes it does. Try clicking on this button:
    [​IMG]

3. Billmatic

Billmatic New Member

Oh yeaaaah i forgot about that button. Man it's been too long.

I've been playing Fallout 3 and then I installed Fallout 2 to play it again after so long but wasn't feeling it and then remembered I played like six characters on Arcanum but never beat it for some reason.

4. Billmatic

Billmatic New Member

oh no wonder i forgot about that button, it's not there.

[​IMG][/img]

5. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Hmmm, I might've mixed it up with another staff. Let me check.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a mana bonus. When you have a weapon with a mana bonus equipped your spells will use mana from it before starting to drain your fatigue.

7. Billmatic

Billmatic New Member

ah so it does come back to the thread i found earlier.

thank you.

8. DokEnkephalin

DokEnkephalin Member

NP is Noise Penalty, negs mean more noise penalty. Elven Boots have a positive NP, which means less noise penalty. Perfectly intuitive! That's also a magic benefit, so you don't get it if you're tech oriented.

Most staffs have a hefty fatigue damage, which is useful for melee, but most mages don't strike with melee; it's much better to keep a staff equipped for the mana reservoir. The Mage's Staff has more than the Charmed Staff, and it also has some spells you can access with the item spell button Frigo showed you. There aren't many places you can find one, but you can buy them from gypsies or magic vendors pretty commonly.

The Arcane staff has the best mana reservoir, but no spells included, not like they're a really crucial need. You can find a lot of them on the Master Mages in Tulla, and imo it's worth a fate point to steal one from them.

Our Host!