It's all too much!

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by anger_management, Feb 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. anger_management

anger_management New Member

I think this is the correct forum, if it isn't could a moderator please move it? Anyways, the reason I need help is that I only want one thing from the polished car arcanum mod. You see, while I appreciate Chris Beddoes' mod, I've played it a few times and just feel like playing a relatively unmodified game. Basically, all I want for right now are the weight reducing items. I don't want quests, cars, modified locations, or perks. I just want to have a game of vanilla Arcanum, without worrying about encumberance. Is there a way to extract the items from his mod and set it so I have them at the beginning? Or, failing that, is there a way I can edit a "worthless" item like bread to have negative weight? Then all I have to do is buy a couple loaves and I have no weight problems...

2. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

You've hit the nail on the head with your bread idea.
    I've hexed the bread proto so it now weighs -10,000. Give me your e-mail and I'll send it to you.
    All you have to do is drop the file into arcanum\data\proto.
    Allow the new file to replace the standard bread and you will have your anti-weight bread.

Welcome to the forums.

3. anger_management

anger_management New Member

4. mathboy

mathboy New Member

5. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

By the way, I am a big idiot and I sent the wrong file to Mathboy. I've now sent him the correct file.
    Anyone who downloaded it before today will find that bread weighs 55000.

I apologise for any inconvenience. However if you feel I have wasted your time and wish to take it further then you can meet me out back in the car park in 10 minutes.

6. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I too apologise, I shouldn't have uploaded the file without testing it myself, but what's done is done and we'll do our best not to do it again.

The new and correct file has been uploaded, just follow the link in my old post.

Our Host!