Introduction + questions :P

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Zamunda, Feb 16, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zamunda

Zamunda New Member

Hi all. I been reading the site for several days, lots of interesting stuff. I'll post very often here (i guess), so i hope u can answer.

1.I'm a dwarf, i've spent only 2 points in magic skill, does that mean that my dwarf will be weaker compared to a "non-magical" dwarf?

2.Is there a way to loot the Kree treasure by talking to them, or do they just attack?

3.Where can i see the full list of questions in the "Game of wits" ?

4.Also i'm doing some "hacking" stuff, i'm using an elixir of intelligence, and then i put points in skills. For example when u take one of these and say u put a point in magic and then when the elixir wears out u can't use this magic. So does that apply to pickpocketing? By drinking the elixir of intelligence, then i directly put points in the Therapeutics Doctorate. After that i can create different boosts as long as the elixir of intelligence is still in work. So my questions is what will happen if i use an elixir of int, then make some boosts from the Therapeutics, thus inreasing more of my stats (for example dextirity) and then putting points in picklock. So will my pickpocket skill be "fake" or will it work, cause the magic skills won't work using this "hack". The same goes for the Therapeutics, in order to use them again u gotta use another elixir of int...

5.How do u get npcs back to your team, for example u can bribe Sogg, but can u do something with Chukka (Bates' ogre)?

6.What will happen if u take in your team the gnome or halfling from Dernholm (is he really some bad character)? Cause Virgil said he didn't like him.

7. Wow don't tell me that the sniper rifle is the strongest weapon for a firearms guy (without spoiling if there's a stronger weapon). It's a very cool weapon, but i'm SOO disappointed with the elephant gun... It's like several times weaker than the Sniper rifle...

8.How do i know if i've installed a patch or no? If i didn't what do i miss from the unofficials mods? Give me an example pls so that i can see whether or not i should install the patch (if i don't have it already) or some mod... I read from here that i can't use Shreck's pistol, is it any good? It fires with six bullets, does that mean that the damage it does is multiplied by six?

2. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

1. Read the Wiki.

2. Read the Wiki.

3. Read the Wiki.

4. Read the Wiki.

5. Read the Wiki.

6. Read the Wiki (spoilers).

7. Read the Wiki.

8. Have a potter around in the threads with the search function, and install the patch. You'll need it.

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The wiki is pretty damn incomplete, just search the forum its a much more angry and disorganised version of a wiki.

4. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Since he was polite, I'll assist him. I ask that you browse the forum next time, and don't just bombard this place with questions. Please note that included below are spoilers, and I'm too lazy to hide them. Read at your own risk.

1. Depends upon what path you're taking him. If you're going to try and split him magic/tech? Yes, he will be weaker. It depends upon how you build your character.

2. Nope. Them fuckers want you dead. Kill'em.

3. You actually gotta wiki/search for that one: you're too vague for me to know.

4. Was way too complex. Expirament with it. If it works, then yes. If it doesn't, then no.

5. I can't remember. Please read second half of the answer to #4.

6. He tries to kill you later on.

7. It's not. Something else is.

8. If you tell us what kind of discs you have, we can probably tell you.

9. Nobody knows. The gun was never functional. Period. I would say play Vanilla Arcanum, then delve into the realm of other flavors/mods.

5. Zamunda

Zamunda New Member

6. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

This forum gave up trying to be helpful long ago, mostly we just sit around angilly complaining, so yes it was strange that you got a straight forward answer.

7. Zamunda

Zamunda New Member

That makes me The Living One :D, who came to banish dii evil soulz living in The House of Loods! Prepea evil doerz!

Fucking holy shit, i just went to Caladon (currently level 39) and wtfff... I thought i'll never see another big area like Tarant, omg another week doing side quests... Btw r there some quests that give u skill points? When i reached level 31 or something i recieved two skill points? Like someone asked what's the biggest number of Fate points? I didn't recieve even one when i went to Kree...

8. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Every fifth level (five, ten, fifteen etc) you recieve 2 skillpoints. You probably overlooked the second point at lvl 30 and saved it for lvl 31.

9. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

You may want to avoid playing the A:WIP hack then.... :D

10. Zamunda

Zamunda New Member

Yo thanks for clearing things up. Actually no, i still haven't used the hack... Besides my party consists of: The Dog (lv 39, NASTY), Sog (level 29, i forgot to pick him up earlier :D), Chukka (level 39) and Virgil. No one can take me down. Did i mention that i have like 26 points to invest in skills (still haven't decided what char to develope, i'm thinking about firearms dwarf, max dex, max perc., master in firearms, master in dodge and maybe some elixirs ). I asked cause i had to persuade the humans to move away from Falcon's Ache. And if i had to put points in persuasion i decided why not make some potions/elixirs/boosts that increase my persuasion in stead? But other than the elixir of persuasion r there others that increase persuasion (greatly if possible :D)? It sucks, the elixir of persuasion raises maybe 1/3rd or 1/5th of ONE POINT invested in persuasion.

11. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Why do each of your posts get more and more grammatically and functionally worse? You went from one nice, well written post to something I'd expect to hear from a geeky kid out of Harlem.

12. Zamunda

Zamunda New Member

1. There are two thieves in Taran't sewers. And they attacked me. Is it because at that time i wasn't a member of the Underworld Thieves? Can u interact with them?

2. I also found some techno group in the sewers in Tarant, but i killed them from a distance... with a DYNAMITE (ooh yeaah!)!. Did i miss something...?

Spoiler Question:

3. What's going to happen if i let Magnus in my team and kill Schuyler? I mean where am i going to get the info from?

Spoiler Question:

4. I found the route leading to the Iron Clan from Mrs Misk (i think that's her name) and i also made the key. But when i went to the Iron Clan i couldn't enter???

5. The inn in Ashbury is named " The Meager Draughty and Schuyler son", what do they have to do with it?

6. The gnome-dwarf from the beginning has a matchbook with the name of the inn in Blackroot. But when i went there no one talked about him?

Some of u directed me to use wikipedia for the "Game of wits" - uh? Also is there a complete list with quests and sidequests? I doubt that the ones on gamefags are complete...

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I'm only answering 3.) because I've gotta run soon.

3.) If you help Magnus kill the Schylers, loot the key of one of their corpses and investigate the filing cabinets.

14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

1) Nope. They're just there for killing.

2) Nope! and congrats with the dynamite. Nice work. :thumbup:

4 & 5) You've got some glitches going on. The hotel is named Ashbury Hostelry. These glitches may also be your problem with the key.

6) The matchbook should read Roseborough Inn.

I'd suggest emptying out your Sierra/Arcanum/modules/Arcanum/maps folder, then starting a new game. Don't worry - Those files regenerate.
    If you still get the wrong name on the matchbook, uninstall your current game and re-install.

15. theorel

theorel New Member

4.)Actually, there's another key you need to open the entrance to the iron clan, not the iron key you made from the schematic, but a glass key...if you're using that already, then I agree with rroyo, sounds like a glitch.

16. Zamunda

Zamunda New Member

Yeah dunno what iron key u're talking about, but i made the glass key and nothing...

17. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

I know you were joking, but type like that again and I will find a way to strangle you with your own power cord via the internet.

18. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Ok - I see now.

The key you make from the schematic opens the big safe at the Tarant museum.
    The glass key needed to enter the Iron Clan is in Caladon.

19. Zamunda

Zamunda New Member

I noticed that some folks like the Amulet of Douchebag too much... Yo rroyo, thanks. Magikat... What - no love for british people :D Uum the glass key i made is for the Iron Clan :D (the dwarf game me the quest and the schematic, and i made the key using the schematic)? Why would i use this key made of heart stone or something and mythril to enter Tarant's museum :D, what diff does it make, i'm gonna check it out)???

20. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Our Host!