I'm thinking of starting an adventure...

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Srekel, Jun 15, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Srekel

Srekel New Member

It'll be very free, since I don't have anything in mind what it'll be like, so I'll just make things up as we go along.. I think it could be really cool. That way the PC's could choose not to enter the evil dungeon at all, they could go somewhere completely elsewere and I wouldn't lose anything because I hadn't made any maps or whatever...

What I'd like though is some volounteers for NPC's, and stuff.. I have done some roleplaying, but not much and I haven't really been a rolemaster (thats what its called in english right?)

I have some imagination though, and if someone wanted to help me (thru email/icq preferrably to not spoil anything) it'd be really nice if my ideas were suddenly all gone.

This game shouldn't be taken too seriously, and don't get too mad if I kill you or something, you can probably make your way back with another PC.

The character system : be anybody you want, race etc, but keep your skills/spells balanced. Feel free to make up spells as you go along and encounter new problems, but remember its up to me to say if you're man/woman enough to handle it :smile:

If you want to be part of the game, post your character's LOOKS, and as much other info as is needed. But keep it SHORT. I hate reading endless info on how your PC when he was six years old lost his little toy train and it has given him emotional problems ever since etc. Some little thing can be nice, but please... let it come during a discussion with some other PC's instead or something. If there's something that is vital for me to know, but you don't want everybody else to know, mail me. This is a good way to make sure everybody doesn't know everything about everybody..

Just be imaginative when thinking who you want to be, and remember that you can change stuff later on in the game, as long as noone notices too much, or if you have a good reason for it. (ie your magician doesn't fancy looking like an orc anymore so from now on he looks like a cat, whatever)

A warning though, I might think this is boring right in the middle, if I think so I'll tell you about it. Then someone else will take over. If someone feels like it. I could also forget about this forum. But that's unlikely, since I should get Email Notifications all the time.

RPGs should be about freedom, and that is what this is about. If there're are any rules I've forgotten, I'll post them later on. Any questions you post I'll make up the answer to as soon as possible. I want this adv. to be fun. I wont be rolling any die during combat, I say who gets damaged, who kills who and who dies. Random does not exist. Unless I can't make up my mind.

If you want out, please don't quit posting, say "I'm staying at this point from now on", or "during the night, I killed myself"

whatever. I guarantee nothing. Please, if you have ideas for a story, mail me.

First though, just post in this thread if you think it'd be a good idea (everything I've said), if you want to play, etc.

Any mails to me should be sent to
    srekel@icqmail.com

Subject : arcrpg <-- as in arcanum roleplayinggame

I just made this whole thread up on the spot.. I haven't really thought of the things I said, I just wrote stuff that I thought made sense.

Btw, isn't this what this part of the forums are for?

Hope I haven't done something now that will bind me to a lot of stuff... I take no responsibility for what happens to blah blah... :smile: ... and even though I decide if your PC gets killed, its not my fault that he got in the way of that stupid lightning from a clear sky :grin:

Have a nice day, and please don't flame me for everything I've said :smile:

(edited because of some spelling errors)

If the adventure becomes real, I'll start a new thread for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Srekel on 2001-06-15 07:11 ]</font>

2. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

Sanctioned.

Skrekel, I suggest you prepare a 'starting milieu' in a new thread after there's an expression of interest.

Fellow denizens, post your characters here or give their name and where their description appears elsewhere in this bit of the forum.

Cheers

3. Srekel

Srekel New Member

Yeah I will, that's kindof how I thought I should do it..

4. Tel'ral

Tel'ral New Member

Im in.

Brief Character overview:
    Name:Tel'Ral
    race:Half-elf
    Type:Meele battle mage.

Fighting style:Attacks with a fury of presise sword blows while parrying and using magic on tougher enimies.

brief info:Telral was broght up by his elven side of the family and thus learned to master the ways of magic at an early age. As most elves and half-elves do he began adventuring his youth away. So far things have been a little slim and he has left the company of his elven friends and set off for more adventurous companions.

(P.S other people have a go at doing this, it'll be fun once we get a fair ammount.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tel'ral on 2001-06-18 12:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tel'ral on 2001-06-20 13:38 ]</font>

5. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

Name: Thysolar (Thiss-o-Laar)
    Race: Human
    Type: Mercernary

Info: Quiet (not too quiet)intelligent and quick but solid and even temper but no one fights like this guy. Note: Raised by half-orcs.

6. omnipotent_256

omnipotent_256 New Member

name: Garath
    type: pickpocket/fighter/slightly tech
    basic info: huge and very strong. not the smartest guy, and somewhat a loudmouthed drunk. he has a certain charm though, and most people like him enough.

7. toblix

toblix New Member

This sounds kinda fun.
    Too bad I suck at roleplaying.

8. Wojit

Wojit New Member

This sounds kinda fun.
    Too bad I can't think of a character, and don't tend to like to read any long posts, and that includes the one at the start of this thread.

9. Srekel

Srekel New Member

heh ok wojit, if you don't wanna play, don't :smile: its that simple :smile:

and why do you have almost the same sig as toblix?

toblix, so how come you hang out at an arcanum forum if you can't roleplay? seems kinda strange imo :smile:
    Are you at somethng else? Like good stories etc?
    If you wanna play, I'm not ognna stand in your way. Just do what you think makes most sense. Play yourself in another world!

10. toblix

toblix New Member

Don't mind Wojit. He haven't got the imagination to come up with his own sig. Pft.

Oh, and why I'm here? It's fun. Oh, and I'm waiting for Arcanum. And if all it takes to join your little game of cattle and mouse is to play myself in another world, I'm in!

Let's see...

Name: toblix

[insert generic human picture here]

toblix is a travelling jester. He has spent his entire life travelling into and being chased out of towns. During his stay, he enjoys performing at the local taverns for as long as they let him. He usually gets thrown out after a few minutes. He might not be very bright or very strong or very flexible or very charismatic or very wise or very enduring or very perceptive, but he's quite good at following after groups of people, watch them fight, and then get his share of XPs.

And he likes lice.

11. Lord Davidian

Lord Davidian New Member

Ok, I'm in.

Name: Lord Charles Davidian
    Type: Negotiator (with Techie inclinations)

Lord Davidian (or LD for short) is a dashing ladies man endowed with a silver tongue and an enormous family debt. He would claim to adventure just for the experience of it, but in fact is desperately trying to regain his good family name. LD's strongest weapon is his uncanny ability to bend people's wills with his words and jestures. Failing that, he does have some rather nastie techie tricks up his sleeves and a loyal companion Doberman named Cain (hmmm...). LD's most prized posession is his mysterious tall top hat which can be considered a curse as he will risk his life to protect it.

12. Srekel

Srekel New Member

tiblix, roflol :smile:

Ok... maybe we're enough people now to start playing.. this is a drop-in kinda game and we already have.. lets see

Telral
    Thysolar
    Garath
    Toblix
    Charles

5 people seem like a resonable amount to start with I suppose..
    Do you all want to be in a party from the beginning or do you want me to come up with a setting in which you all meet for the first time (this would probably be best I suppose). Or a mix of the two, i.e two groups of friends meet eachother somewhere and do whatever you want to. Maybe one of you wants to ki... no lets not give you any bad ideas here :smile:

oh, if anyone tries anything that destroys the fun of this game for the other ones, remember I am the rolemaster and thus own your life (in this game at least :grin: )

13. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

What the hell…

Name: Seth the sage
    Race: Elf
    Type: Black Necromancer/Force/Divination/Summoning

Most of his young years spend studying the magic in Tulla, where he met his wife. Unfortunately his merit years didn’t last to long. During trip to the Calodon the party of dark elves intercepted them and left for dead. Seth became bitter and lonesome avoiding friends. His main goal in life is track down the killers and exact revenge. Seth in spite of his old age and lack of one eye his moves are extremely fast.

Seth.

14. Tel'ral

Tel'ral New Member

Ok skerel lets get this going, dont put me in at the start i'd like to join in later ok.

15. Srekel

Srekel New Member

Ok. i will post a scenario tomorrow morning (which will be even sooner for you guys, since I'm swedish), of which some of you will be part of from the very beginning.

Remember, do stuff first, and then let me be the one that allows the action. I don't want you to feel hindered of the picture I'm drawing up for you. Maybe I forgot something, that really is there.

This wont be a fast paced thing though, I hope you all understand taht. It will depend on how often people post and how much that happens in the posts etc.

If someone doesn't post for a while, I or someone who feels like knowing what that person would do can post in his name. If someone is gone for too long, I'll come up with something..

16. Wojit

Wojit New Member

Oooh. I just read the whole thread. I feel very proud of myself.
    I think I might join the Tel'ral "Would like to join in later" boat.

17. toblix

toblix New Member

Or maybe...you wouldn't like that?

18. Tel'ral

Tel'ral New Member

What you meen us two join in together later?

19. Wojit

Wojit New Member

No
    I just mean I might join in later. Not nessesarily in a way related to you at all.

20. Tel'ral

Tel'ral New Member

good cause my char gonna be a loner (how sad.)

Our Host!