I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Grossenschwamm, May 28, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I LOVED Space: 1999! It was so fucking WRONG that it looped all the way around to right!

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I remember one awesome scene in which they incinerated a man for having a missing finger, this society believed that you had to be perfect.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like Maya. The whole package, including storyline. She was a good addition to the show - even with her steadily narrowing alien stripe!

However, I do wish the producers hadn't changed the show so radically. A lot of good characters suddenly dissapeared between the seasons - and a few more during the second!

You should check out some of the fanfiction that's out there. There have been some very good explainations put forth about the personell, the command center, and even Maya's ancestry.

For example: New Moon Over Bajor, which is a Space 1999/Deep Space 9 cross-over. Very well written.

4. thegr8sephiroth

thegr8sephiroth New Member

back to the Marvel Arcanum idea...

I currently just have the demo(got a good shot at full version in a few weeks) and I'm aware that this is probably a dead thread. Nonetheless, I'd appreciate input.
    I tried to create a "sabretooth" background- enhanced strength, dexterity, constitution and perception, plus increased heal rate. I also wept for a moment when I realized I had no clue how to give a character claws. Now, I created this character, but his heal rate seemed to cap at 5. Does anyone have any advice that would improve this? In case I missed something when I did it, please outline the entirety of the background(I can't help but think that I mishandled Heal Rate)
    Thanks.

5. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

6. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

the 8 in his name is making the hatred rise that much faster.

7. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Re: back to the Marvel Arcanum idea...

You know since you were already reading these old threads, it wouldn't have killed you to realise that people who dig up old threads get flamed. I mean seriously, you must've read somewhere that happened.

General rule is, if you want to take up something in a dead thread, make a new thread, explain the situation, and if needed. link to the old thread.

If you've the time to be reading all these old threads, then surely you should've had the time to get yourself familiar with the rules of acceptance.

8. thegr8sephiroth

Ah, such a warm reception. It really makes me feel wanted. Assholes.
    Do you really think I'd be stupid enough to do something I knew would get me flamed? Did it maybe occur to you that I simply searched for threads that were relevant to my problem, rather than reading my way back through every single thread?
    Frankly, I don't particularly care what you think of me, I just wish you'd done something constructive. Except Xz. At least he/she/it provided SOME information, even if it wasn't pertinent to my question. On that note, are these rules posted somewhere?

9. Xz

Well, I'm not sure, actually I doubt it. As for your question, I've not the faintest idea. :)

10. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Sorry to break it for you, but you are not really needed or wanted.

11. mathboy

mathboy New Member

One might say the same about you, Frigo.

About your question, I don't think you can change the Heal Rate more than it's possible to change it inside the game (by levelling up) with a background.

12. thegr8sephiroth

actually, you can change Heal Rate with a background, but Ive encountered two things that have led me to put the project on hold until I'm willing to attempt some actual coding.
    First, the heal rate caps at 6. I don't know why this is, but it's apparently the case.
    Second, Heal Rate only affects Fatigue in real time, so it's impossible to make a character that actually regenerates health.
    If anything I've said here is incorrect, please tell me how you got around these problems.

13. Xz

Nah, that seems to be correct. Your character will never regenerate health, regenerating fatigue is about just as good though if you invest in some healing magicks. :)

14. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Instead of claws you can use gauntlets, and if you're insistent on that regeneration thing simply take all the spells from the Nature spell school.

However, having a high heal rate is overrated. I'm currently playing a mage on hard difficulty with a constitution of 4 (male elf, Charlatan's Protégé), and I have no trouble, just a mad potion consumption.

15. Xz

Besides if you 'Advance time one hour' your fatigue will be at 100% again, no matter how high it is. I've cheated it up to a 1000, and tried. :)

16. thegr8sephiroth

yeah, I've been fiddling w/ different gauntlets, trying to settle on one that does decent damage but isn't too unbalanced(obviously, the idea of unleashing Victor Creed on the world of Arcanum is already the sign of an unbalanced mind, but you get the idea)
    I'd considered the Nature Magic approach, but I don't really see this character going above a 13 or so intelligence. Maybe just that basic healing spell...
    While I'm on the subject of enhanced brawling, has anyone been able to determine exactly what effect Hardened Hands has? Any damage bonus doesn't show up on my attack stats.

17. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Intelligence doesn't really matter. You can cast every spell in the game with merely a 5 INT. To cast Regeneration, what you need is 18 Willpower, and I reckon Sabretooth would be headstrong rather than clever.

18. thegr8sephiroth

well, I won't be getting the full version until mid-may, but I'll keep that in mind- it actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

Our Host!