I'M AWESOME

Discussion in 'CyberNations Archive' started by DarkUnderlord, Nov 2, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Is there any sort of forum thread or something where I may read about this CNARF? (Sounds like something Pinky would say, mind you...)
    Oh, and Spuddy, it would seem you have decided to sign up to our forums.

2. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

http://z10.invisionfree.com/CN_Anti_Rog ... /index.php

Yeah, I tried registering at GC (tired of Guest-lurking), but the resident Stasi or something wanted to check me out and I never heard back.

Vorak: As for the GATO moron attacking Silvara, be thankful -- the same moron managed to totally fuck up another war, as well. The quality of recruits these days, I don't know...

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

If he ever leaves GATO don't be surprised if I take a leave of absence from the GC and drive him into the ground. Then I'll go back to being neutral.

4. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Earth Kingdom (FIre lord Zuko) -- yeah, that scumbag... He came onto the GATO forum and whined about how the Grey Legion (sic) had attacked him, and even managed to drag a fellow GATO applicant into the war along with him. It wasn't exactly hard to prove he was a stinking liar. I wanted to join the war, but wasn't fast enough.

Nation of Sol -- "going out in a blaze of glory" ... yeah, right...

By the way, is jc zim a "good" or "bad" GC guy (from the HoL perspective)?

5. Vorak

He's on my side in most things but he doesn't know about HoL. So I guess he's a Vorak guy from your perspective since I wouldn't rate my clique as good or bad.

6. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Just wondered since I treated him friendly at the GATO embassy section. Wouldn't want to be helpful to someone who'll get purged anyway, now, would I?

(And since it's your clique it's obviously good. Not many people would say they led "bad" outfits, would they? Unless they were Michael Jackson, and then "bad" is just laughable.)

7. Silvara

Silvara New Member

I think Vorak already purged all the people he had to...

8. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

"I have found the solution to the battle i accidently pushed a button and started a war sorry for the trouble"

Sigh... These are the kind of people joining these days. Crying about how some evil person attacked them, whining for post after post about how said evil person is sending them viruses to make it look like the good guy attacked first when it was really the evil person who did it, and a day later realizing it was their own damn fault all along.

(And doing it in their best homemade ghetto slang, no less... "slick nigga my ass i aint know dat you half braind white boy"

9. Vorak

Do what the GC does, use a screening process on applicants. Just because someone swears an oath and changes to brown doesn't mean they'll be a good GATO member.

10. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Too problematic to screen the GC way, what with at least a dozen applicants daily. Immigrations is overworked as it is.

And the real nutters generally go out in a blaze of infamy after about a week, anyway, starting looting expeditions or trying to extort newbies, etc.

+ + + + + +

What da funk?

What's the point of registering at GC, and logging in at GC, when I can't even say "Hi" at the Spam section without encountering a
    ?

I naturally can't even PM someone to wonder wazzup, so I have no option but to come here and cry in my beer, wondering why noone likes me...

11. Vorak

What does your application process consist of anyway? Because if its just the swearing of an oath and a check for any strange FA offers or unexplained wars like most other alliances then it shouldn't be hard for just 1 person to deal with 12 applications a day.

As long as you get the right person for the job, alliances are filled with people in positions who have no idea what they are supposed to be doing.
    -------------------------

For some reason every few weeks a random permission mask goes haywire, looks like its the guest mask this time. You should at least be able to send PMs now.

12. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

The application process is basically as you said, with the addition of such mundane tasks as checking team colour, (claimed) alliance affiliation, and whether they're flying the NpO flag or not...

Oh, and the highly arduous task of giving GATO Chocolate Cakes to as many approved applicants as possible.

------------

I find your answer strangely alluring; think I'll pop back to GC and see whether I'm an Honoured Guest or just some random Party Crasher. If the latter, I'm going to use all my non-existent senatorial powers to sanction you, Vorak. Nothing personal, yunnerstan?

13. Vorak

None taken and since I don't get the happiness bonus in the first place any coloured trade I get is going to be secret, nullifying the +1 happiness bonus in return for sanctions immunity. (I've only got one coloured trade anyway and its not brown)

You only need to be scared of sanctions if your coloured.

Honored guests are former GC members who are still in good standing, so you can't get that mask.

14. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Well, i guess you'll be thrilled to hear this, then:
    See, we really do wub our grey cousins.

As for me not being eligible for Honoured Guest Mask, I pooh that excuse, seeing as you are the Mighty Vorak, Slayer of Fora Obstacles and Whatnot.

15. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Its true about the Honored Guest thing, there's only a few anyways so people would notice.

16. Vorak

He could if he left GATO joined the GC, resigned and then wet back to GATO.

17. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

... and then went back to GC to become said Honoured Guest. What then, I wonder?

You know, one thing I've always missed at various fora is some sort of random mask: every time you log on, you get a randomly-assigned mask, complete with name and all that other stuff. Would make posting so much more fun.

18. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Coloured people have to sit at the back of the bus too.

19. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

Plus the fact that just the touch of your flesh would disintegrate someones whole arm DU is probably why no one likes to take the back seat with you.

20. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

There's also a curfew, something to do with dark colors being harder to see at night...

Our Host!