Idea for plot for Arcanum 2

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by ShoeShineShrapnel, May 12, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ShoeShineShrapnel

ShoeShineShrapnel New Member

ok,i dont know if someone thought of this yet, but i was thinking about how there could be a plot the Age of Legends even though most of the storys are some what rapped up in the last game, I was trying to come up with a idea that let the game go forword in time then more or less than do something like go back to the Age of Legends. what about a time machine. remember the plot were Thrayne Iron Heart explains to you how he manipulated Kerghan old notes to recreated to Necromizer, he says that he took the consepts that he used in magick and did it with technoligy. what if someone were to recreated something like Temporal magick using technoligy. ok so at first the person who creates this Time machine it is fine, when they make some sort of mistake and bring back something or someone evil with powerfull magicform before or durning the Age of Legends, back to the current age of arcanum which would be more technoligy...

All so i have an idea of an NCP follower for the next game Gambit Dearon
    he's is part of a group of Vampire and or Zombie hunters hunters in arcanum, he is a technoligest...I thought he could be a nut , to make him interesting.

a war bettween High locke halfings city and Kygaun city of gnomes(Kygaun city is the product of a decadent gnomish culture{which is looked down upon by other gnomes out side the city) is much like Rome, all exept for there warriors have advenced armer and weapons which make them look nothing like roman solders)...that started over a dispute over goods that were stolen.
    the gnomes dont fight they have orges and Mercenaries.
    while the halflings side is composed of halflings warriors and some human rogues(who fight for there own reasons apart form the halfings)

>a elvin arsinets who is in Kygaun city prison
    -later after you free him, he burns down a couple buildings and a warehouse,best for you to get the items from these places before that happens. ifyou are of the right race and you have the bad Alignmentmost of all you dont posses technoligy. you find he is from a dark elvin order, that you can join and get arson quests, but you are then flagged as a arsonist...missions most often give you scrolls to help you complete your objectives

>a halfing philosipher in High locke named Bniolo can both help you will lots of information and school you a bit magick or technilogy

a mountian village of ogres...of whom were once a group of gladiators for the rice noble gnomes, can be persaded to help fight the gnomes
    >a order of Ogre monks not far form the ogre village
    also a half Orc half Ogre race...

also i though it would be interestion to give the elves a 1600 fashon sence, like in Rembrandts Night Watch, its kind of Musketeerish looking,
    > a group of banish elvin scientists who are wanted by both the elves and the dark elves.

- dark elves want them dead, but by customs and honor wont do it by thier own hand

- other elves of want to imprison them.

-if you join the banished elves you, loss faver of the other elves...
    but in excange you get to do tasks for them that yeld very rare and powerful schmatics to that make you a war lord bio type herbology/technology. such as

.Ent shub,like one that turns a root and special water in to an small Ent, whom follows you

.Iron bark armor, powerfull armor that heals it self if dameged, gains an advantige in light...weak againt fire

.Potion Amnesia , which make weak NPC forget anything you have done that angered them or what they have agiant you.

and ect....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My thought on most of your ideas:

Go for it. Most likely you would have to make it yourself, as most folks here already have their big dream. Other than adding a few good ideas that come along from time to time, it seems they're content and dedicated enough to stick with their plan.

So here's what you do:

Learn everything you can about modding with the Arcanum engine, starting with reading the old posts here. Tons of useful info including where to get the tutorial AMTUT.
    Gather together the tools of the trade and become proficient in their use.
    Practice with a few dozen mini-mods to gain familiarity with the ins and outs of advanced scripting, and then in a couple years - more or less - you will be ready to begin the construction of a very ambitious mod that you can wow everyone (including possibly me) with.

3. MackaN

MackaN New Member

I and my frends are making a something like ARCANUM 2, but unfortunatly in Polish now. But we still thinking about translation to english when the mod will be done...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Excelent! However - mind the gravedigging. The last post here was over a month old. Whenever a post is that old, it's concidered dead. Play it safe and start a new thread.

Secondly, define "something like Arcanum 2".

Our Host!