I wanna AUTOMATON!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by The Chosen One, Oct 7, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

To make me myself a kickarse robot, I need a Mechanized Arachnid, which have.
    And some Elite platemail, which I don't have. I also have no points what so ever in Smithy.

So I ask you, Does ANYONE know of ANY way I can get some of this rare armour I speak of. I would be eternally greatful to anyone who can help.

Note- I used the search thingy and someone else had the exact same problem so im hoping by now, soome1 might have come across an Elite Platmail...... 3:)

2. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Sorry Bub, you've got to invest the cp's in the smithy discipline for this little slice of heaven. Next time plan better!

3. PoiuytMan

PoiuytMan New Member

There are two Mechanized Platemails in the game, but no Elite Platemail.

-Poiuyt Man

4. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I have heard that there is a whole mess of Automations that can be co-oped in a ruined city late in the game. I haven't tried it myself, but I am certainly going to try it.

5. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

There is a number of automatons in Vendigroth ruins and 2 or 3 in Iron Clan. However I don't know how you could make them become your followers - I doubt it magick works on them.

As for Elite Plate I never found even a single set.

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I have heard that with enough speed or stealth, you touch them, before they know you are there, & they just fold up. Then you pick them up & they are yours. It only works if you haven't triggered combat mode so the Iron Clan spiders cannot be co-oped.

7. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Interesting, I never really used prowling so they always noticed me and obviously attacked on sight. Good luck and let us know if it worked.

8. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

This sounds like Milo's stop on a dime while traversing the world map to hit an exact location thing, good luck.

9. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

A magic user on speed got 5 of the first ten. :cool:_

A prowl master or invisibility will probably get them all.

10. Gaer'thal Estelmist

Gaer'thal Estelmist New Member

Call me necro threader but, since I have not seen it anywhere mentioned, I just went ahead and created an account just to let you guys know that there is a suit of Elite Plate in the game which can be obtained with pickpocketing.
    During the Tarant - Caladon Negotiation quest, after speaking to the guy in front of the Caladon Castle, head on in and you will see rows of people waiting to bribe you for the upcoming speech.
    The dwarf to the North side wall has a small Elite Plate on him. You can either cast Body of Stone on him to pickpocket it easier, or use a fate point to steal it right away.
    One of the guys on the opposite wall has a Long Range pistol which can be obtained via pickpocketing as well.
    Note that as soon as you make your speech, they disappear and the items are no longer available. I use the latest UAP.
    I built my mechanized platemail this way, using only the required manuals with 0 points invested in technology. Vollinger can now use Lever-Action machine gun without any penalties :)

11. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

A lot of stuff is mentioned somewhere on the forum, that plate mail (along with a lot of other interesting stuff) was mentioned in the Scavenger Hunt thread I did a long time ago - at least in passing. I'm sure someone else might eventually want to make a free automaton however, so thanks for the post and welcome Gaer'thal Estelmist.

12. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I think the best part of this thread is that one guy's signature picture still has a working link. It's a HoL specific one and it's from 2002, almost 14 years ago. That's freaking ancient in internet terms.

Our Host!