how the hell is evil an element?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons Discussion Forum' started by Sleek_Jeek, Sep 24, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

well?

1. earth metal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. noble gas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. its the reason certain things sublimate and others dont

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. its my foot in your ass

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i mean, is evil present in any chemical reactions? does it have anything to do with the state an atom is existing in? or a molecule? is this the reason certain elements sublimate from solid to gas? where is it on the periodic table? is it the ninth noble gas? or is it an earth metal?

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Nope, none of the above. It's a small ion that floats around in the air, occasionally crashing into peoples' heads and make them ask all manner of weird questions :p

Seriously though Sleek, doesn't "elemental evil" mean that there is some kind of basic evil going on? I mean, like the mother of all evils, something like that? I'm afraid my english skills aren't really up to that... but at least that's the impression I get from reading the "story" section on the official site:

http://www.greyhawkgame.com/story.php

3. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

While any elemental force is dead neutral, and the elements we are talking about here are not on any peroinic table Jeek (but you knew that), they can be used for good or evil.

Immense dammage can be done with the elements, wether for good or evil. Or for a chocolate ice cream soda (yes, I will melt the polar ice cap to cool my soda fountain down. Bwahaha.). Now in this case, a bunch of really evil dudes harnesed these elements to do evil, which, if you are evil, is a good thing.

If you are not confused yet, I will see what I can do with Jeek's next post. :D

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

immense damage con be done with elements? like what? dropping a few tons of granite on my head? or smiting me with a over-dosage of zargon?

thats like saying things that can kill you can hurt.

5. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Well jeek, seeing as these elements are the Earth, Air, Fire, & Water combo of traditional western alchmy (no wood, that one is orential I supose we can't drop a caber on you) we can always immagine zoting you with a lightning bolt or burning you at the stake.

6. Foomanshoe

Foomanshoe New Member

They throw large chunks of francium at you and the hydrogen formed in the reaction explodes due to the energy released when it comes in contact with the mosture in your skin. The resulting burst of flame and concentrated Hydroxide formed cause extreme pain. Mystery solved.

But i believe they refer the the greeks 4 prime elements; Air, Earth, Fire, and Water.

A boulder breakin your leg hurts, Fire burning your skin hurts, Getting blown off a cliff hurts, drowning hurts. All examples of how elements can hurt you.

7. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

uhhh, yes thank you for the more specific exampleof how complex the whole elemental death dealing can be, but my point was that it should be obvious that elements can kill you. (ie my example of a few tons of granite being dropped on you, or an alien metal being introduced into your blood stream) sorry for the confusion. :D

8. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Hi Foomanshoe, welcome aboard. Give Jeek hell. :D

Our Host!