1. Please help us cover the costs of Terra-Arcanum's migration to Xenforo, Guest! More information is available here.
    Dismiss Notice

How long does vampire last?

Discussion in 'Vampire Discussion' started by Joe, Dec 19, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Joe

Joe New Member

How long does vampire last?

Is it dependant on how you play or what setting (Easy or Hard)?

:p

Is it worth it to buy a great new computer for?

2. Longjocks

Longjocks New Member

Depends on whether you are the kind of player that sits in front of a screen for hours on end. I managed that in my youth, but my arse just gets too damn sore these days sitting in one place (well, mrnobodie has a lot to do with that also). So even games that people say are short, I wouldn't know as they last me months because I only play for about 30 mins every second day at best.

However, Bloodlines has drawn me in and that 30 mins can easily turn into 3 hours. I think I've put about 15-16 hours and I'd say I'm roughly 3/4 of the way through. Mind you, I'm the explorer type and I don't always go from A to B and do what I have to as soon as I get the mission. One could storm through the game in several hours though. But yeah, it depends on how you play.

One mission on a ship for example. If you're good an pursuasion and lock-picking, the mission can be done in 5 minutes with no hassle. If you're a stealth kind of guy it could take you 45 minutes to an hour. If you're good with guns or Thurmaturgy then you might have it done in 10-20 minutes.

Add to that the completely different style of play you need if you play a Nosferatu and the 5-something endings depending on where your loyalties lie then there's always the replay value to turn what could be a 20 hour game into a 100 hour game.

As far as the new computer question goes, there's not a single game worth buying a new computer for. Ever. Not unless you think it's reasonable to pay thousands of dollars for a game. If you really dig RPGs and plan on getting more next-gen games for your PC, then go ahead and knock yourself out.

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

If you've got Obfuscate beefed up, it can be done in 5 minutes too. :) There are a lot of possibilities. Definately some replay value.

I ran Vampire with no trouble (800 x 600 resolution with all graphics turned up to 90% - 100%). I've got a Pentium 4, 2.4 Ghz with 1 MB RAM which is just about 1 and a half years old.

Our Host!