Hold on to your genitalia, because...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jojobobo, Dec 16, 2017.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky are helming a new unannounced RPG from Obsidian, to be published by Take-Two Interactive under the publishing label Private Division. Link here and announcement video here. We're only two days late with the news, so not too bad right?

Seeing as we can't post videos at timesteps, I feel this is appropriate. Plus, this:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Nothing expected to be released prior to the financial year of 2019 though.

3. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Still, it's nice to know that they're finally working on something together. I seem to remember they've been hinting at collaboration for quite some time (something like Boyarsky saying he was working on a dream project) so I'd imagination there's been a good amount of behind the scenes development that's already taken place.

I guess the only worry is that somehow it would fall through, I think Obsidian semi-recently laid off a load of staff working on Armored Warfare so they're probably still not in the best of financial shape - then again you'd expect Deadfire to tide them over at least until 2019.

Apparently something which qualifies as "news" circulating about the announcement is that someone tweeted at them if there would be micro-transactions or loot boxes in the game, and Obsidian said, "No." It's pretty weird that someone has to clear that up about a single player RPG these days, though I guess Bethesda has the Creation Club so it's a little good to know Obsidian wouldn't attempt something similar.

4. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I remain cautiously optimistic about these sorts of things, as always.

The Pigeon likes this.
Our Host!