'Heroes of Newerth' Beta Invites

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charonte, Nov 3, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Charonte

Charonte Member

Heroes of Newerth (hereafter labelled HoN) is a standalone remake of DoA - that is, a mod for WC3 that invovles a rather simple concept that makes for rather complicated gameplay and is filled with misagonistic, arrogant retards who think they're fundamentally superior because they can put up with the other dipshits long enough to actually end up half decent at the game.

HoN on the under hand, whilst also filled with several antisocial crudnuts mostly consists of newer players trying to enjoy themselves. These are mostly players migrating from S2's previous Savage 1/Savage 2 titles that are familiar with the setting.

I played it a while ago and had a hell of a time for a while before getting over it, I was planning to get back into it on my new student budget after exams. I can't even remember how I got a bloody invite, but nonetheless I now have 15 of the sods that I don't particularly want. So if you want one, just for kicks, either post here with an email, pm me an email or email me an email - brodie.hicks{[A T]}gmail.com

I can't be bothered writing anymore but I'm pretty sure the NDA has been lifted now that the site is up - http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/

On another note, my greater than 48-hour coffee/adrenaline streak is now, it seems, over. That and the bottle o' rum beside me is slightly less full. Next time I'm just going pop a sleeping pill and be done with it actually I might have already.

Oh and if you're one of those morons that just searched google looking for one and are thinking of signing up to make the one post and leave, please piss off

2. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

DotA that isn't DotA? Sure, I'll take an invite. Was always a fun game to play while drunk/really bored.

3. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Yea, they lifted the NDA a month ago or so.

Good game if you are in to it, much easier for the casual player to like than DotA.

4. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Oh wow, another DOTA clone. How original. I'm sure it'll be alright, though, there have been many AoS clones that I liked. Good job on the interface

Granted, I'm judging by appearance that this is a WC3 mod. I mean, it could be that I'm wrong, and it isn't a WC3 mod at all. In which case, I'd say good work imitating WC3's graphics. Unfortunately, there's this game called Demigod that already used DOTA gameplay.

5. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

Yeah, sure; I'd love a beta invite.

I play DotA currently.

I'll send you an e-mail.

6. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

I literally sneered when I saw this topic.

Sorry. None for me.

7. Charonte

Charonte Member

Eek, I don't even remember writing that. At all.

I'll send off the invites when I get home in a couple of hours. I do need an email though, Magikot. Just email that address or send me a PM or something.

It's standalone like I already mentioned, Grakelin.

8. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

DemiGod has already done this recently, though. This had better do hellishly better if they plan to make a profit (assuming it's a commercial game), especially with DemiGod's failure.

9. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Well, since they already have over 20 000 beta tester, over 200 000 fans on facebook and have already sold off at least a few thousands copies of the game, I don't see any reason for it to fail.

And the itself has nothing to do with WC3, other than using DotA as a "map".

The enginge, the graphic and everything else is all Savage 2.

10. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

Also got a couple of invites left. Too bad this community is so spread out otherwise we could start playing together.

Our Host!