Help with the Strongbox quest in Blackroot inn

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by ambitiousbarrister, Mar 30, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ambitiousbarrister

ambitiousbarrister New Member

Hello,
    First time poster on this forum althout I have lurked around for information more than once. I have come across a bit of a stump in Blackroot and I was wondering if you could help me.

I am currently playing a Half-orc gunslinger with 2 ranks of persuasion (at the moment) and I really wanted that 3800 xp from the blacksmiths quest but when I talk with the innkeeper I get the usual racial slurs , my character insist she has the coin to pay for the lodgings but there is no option to haggle with him for a cheaper price.

I was wondering if this quest requires higher ranks in persuasion for Half-orcs since I could talk my way out of killing the brigand who assaulted Arbalah with 1 rank or if it's locked forever due to fantasy racism.

Thank you very much for reading my plea.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

He we'll stop treating you rudely the moment his reaction towards your character increases to neutral (41 or more).

Now, one way to do it is with coin and time. Each time you buy a room from him when he is rude, he is surprised you have the coin and his reaction increases a bit.

The other way to do it is with charisma. Scolding him for his rude attitude towards guests results in an apology and a reaction boost if your charisma is 11 or higher. This too can be repeated until a neutral reaction is achieved.

3. Leonidus

Leonidus Member

I recall that If I didn't say the right thing at the first meeting with the innkeeper then I could never get the quest thereafter.

I think it was something about being unable to afford a room, so then he proposes you do him the favor of the quest.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The...

...path disappears after the first time, yes, but the...

...path is always available, allowing you to start the quest whenever you find suitable.

Our Host!