Help, Bunkie declared war on me!

Discussion in 'CyberNations Archive' started by DarkUnderlord, Oct 7, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The war engine used to be set up so that only nations within 50 ranks of you could attack you. This was later changed to help reduce server stress to anyone within the bounds of either 200% more than your strength or 50% less. Because nations twice your size were now able to attack you, Admin (the guy who made and runs the game) instituted the 'underdog factor'. Unfortunately its grossly overbalanced towards the underdog.

2. mathboy

mathboy New Member

3. Vorak

A war lasts 7 days.

Don't send those PMs to the GC.

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

5. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I don't think it was that aggressive. He attacked me, and I don't want stupid people to do that, so to defend me, I tell him to pay up.

6. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

mathboy's always been the violent aggressive type.

Of course mathboy, you could make peace, accept a foreign aid offer from the Grey Council and help me out against Bunkie. Rather than beating on a guy you've already defeated.

7. mathboy

mathboy New Member

When I get into the Grey Council, I'll do that. So get them to hurry up! Can you attack more than twice a day if you attack different countries?

8. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Hey, DU -

I've brought your war matter to GATO's attention (without naming any names - except mine, obviously) since Bunkie claims to be GGA despite his team colour.

If they say it's OK - that he's not GGA - I could get into action before getting out of GATO (which has to wait for a few days, since I joined another war for them).

You know what? The scum that is Bunkie of Perfidy wasn't lying when he named his country. His perfidy knows no bounds, and GATO has now allowed me to organize a "voluntary mission" to let other GATO people join me in helping my poor attacked friend smash his sorry butt...

Ha, this alliance thing is fun...

9. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Mathboy, I posted your war (without results yet) on GC, and Wraithshadow said he sent you tech and cash. Maybe smash spinner into the dirt or whatever and then help DU. Also, if you PM just your battle stats to me, I'll post those as well, but I'm reluctant to copy them from here since there's no paper trail.

Personally I like your form of Diplomacy, but other members might get in a tizzy about it. I sent spinner a letter of 'cease to exist' so hopefully he'll get the point. he probably cant send much money, maybe ask for tech instead?

Spuddy, you cant join the GC if you're currentlyinvolved in any battles, so finish up and join us.

10. Vorak

Just say he forwarded the PMs within the game itself.

I'd like to see Wraithshadow try to convince the game mods he needed to see your inbox.

11. DarkUnderlord

God I hope no-one can see those in-game PM's. :D

For intelligence purposes:
    • To:Silvara
      10/10/2006 10:12:59 PM
      Subject: If anyone asks...

Just in case anyone in Grey Council asks, we know each other because I offered you a trade deal. Although you rejected it, you did so in a "helpful manner" which lead me to ask for your assistance in my war with Bunkie.

To:Spuddy
      10/10/2006 10:13:41 PM
      Subject: If anyone asks...

Just to say again, if anyone in Grey Council asks, we know each other because I stupidly asked you for a trade deal when you already had full trade slots. I was new and didn't know what I was doing. You informed me about the full slots thing and because you were so helpful, that's why I asked for your assistance with my war on Bunkie.
    I think a sufficient "helpful manner" from Silvara would be "I've already got sugar. It's best to trade with nations who don't already have a resource that you do."

No. Only two "battles" per day regardless of conflicts. You can however, send two Cruise Missiles per war. As you've already beaten your aggressor into a bloody pulp, can I ask you nicely to accept the Grey Council aid offer and pound Bunkie some? He's going to be much more fun. Trust me.

12. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Dont worry, I only read your PM's when I'm bored.

Anyways, Mathboy, I posted your battle stats. If anyone asks you sent them to my Nation's email. Also, Spinner responded to my statements with:

I told him I'll try and mediate on his behalf. trust me! No really though lay off for a little while and we'll see whatwe can get. Tally up your damages * 2 from the initial attack and post them here. Also, does he have any tech? Maybe we can loot that instead. He probably cant send much cash, as you can only send something like 20%(?) of what you have on hand, so we may want to work on a payment plan? That sounds dumb, but may be your only choice aside from ZIing him.

If we can pull you away from the spinner battle, we can focus on DU and anyone else who's in a fight.

13. Vorak

mathboy, the more damage you do the less he has to pay with.

14. DarkUnderlord

It's going to look bad for the alliance if mathboy doesn't accept peace. I wish my guy would pay up and accept peace. :( I haven't been able to do anything for the past 3 days because of the rioting.

15. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Oh, yeah... Now I remember the long chat we had about the weather that time we met accidentally on a server...

Two missiles per day. Two attacks per day. And if the enemy is in anarchy and has few troops (less than 20% of working population), then whoever "attacks" first that day gets a raid extra. Meaning he can loot without fear and still get in two more attacks that day (at another enemy, for example).

That's what they're teaching us, anyway.

16. DarkUnderlord

ATTACK BUNKIE NOW! I want to push this little cunt back into anarchy. I've attacked him 4 times today. I've just pushed him back to 90 soldiers so he's open for the picking. Anyone who wants to assist me, please do. I'll do what I can to see that the Grey Council offers you some aid in return (mind you I can't promise anything but I'll see what I can do).

Battle #1
    • :. Battle Perfidy
      Attacking Nation: Iboloral (DarkUnderlord)
      Attacking Soldiers: 105
      Attacking Tanks: 0
      Attacking Technology: 3.88
      Attacking Land Area: 15.395
      Attacking DEFCON: 1
      Attacking Money: $0.00
      Battle Odds: 37% Chance of Victory

Defending Nation: Perfidy (Bunkie)
      Defending Soldiers: 181
      Defending Tanks: 0
      Defending Technology: 1.99
      Defending Infrastructure: 36.86
      Defending Land Area: 22.300
      Defending DEFCON: 1
      Defending Money: $3,753.21
      Battle Odds: 63% Chance of Victory

Battle Outcome: Defeat
      Iboloral Casualties: 32 soldiers / 0 tanks
      Perfidy Casualties: 65 soldiers / 0 tanks
      Battle Details: Your soldiers fought bravely and killed many enemy soldiers but were forced to retreat and were ultimately defeated in battle. In your defeat your forces were still able to capture 0.254 miles of land from Perfidy. They also destroyed 1.536 infrastructure within Perfidy. There was no technology stolen in this battle. The value of your equipment abandoned in the battle was $0.00. Your forces looted $0.00 from the nation of Perfidy.

Battle #2
    • :. Battle Perfidy
      Attacking Nation: Iboloral (DarkUnderlord)
      Attacking Soldiers: 105
      Attacking Tanks: 0
      Attacking Technology: 3.88
      Attacking Land Area: 15.395
      Attacking DEFCON: 1
      Attacking Money: $0.00
      Battle Odds: 37% Chance of Victory

Defending Nation: Perfidy (Bunkie)
      Defending Soldiers: 181
      Defending Tanks: 0
      Defending Technology: 1.99
      Defending Infrastructure: 36.86
      Defending Land Area: 22.300
      Defending DEFCON: 1
      Defending Money: $3,753.21
      Battle Odds: 63% Chance of Victory

Battle Outcome: Victory
      Iboloral Casualties: 30 soldiers / 0 tanks
      Perfidy Casualties: 74 soldiers / 0 tanks
      Battle Details: Your soldiers were triumphant and decisively defeated your enemy in this battle. Your soldiers owe their lives to your hard work as their leader. In your victory your forces captured 0.244 miles of land from Perfidy. They also destroyed 1.475 infrastructure within Perfidy. There was no technology stolen in this battle. The value of your equipment abandoned in the battle was $0.00. Your forces looted $300.26 from the nation of Perfidy.

17. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Hoozah! About time you gave it back to him! Post the results on GC so we can laugh at bunkie.

If Mathboy ever checks his email, maybe we can get him involved too?

Looks like Spuddy joined in, but seemed confused when I asked him a question (different user name probably!). That, or there's a Spuddy imposter.

18. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Nah, just that Goddamn couch potato being too stupid to connect one Max with another. And perhaps a bit of caution involved, as well.

Shee-ite, DarkUnderlord - you got twice my Tech even after I bought some more today! Goes to show I shouldn't have spent my first month or so as a hippie... (When I first went to "war possible" I noticed my income more than tripling. Guess my fat people had grown just a tad too lethargic.)

+++++++++ a spot of fun from GATO:

19. DarkUnderlord

Mind you I've only got 13 infrastructure and a shit load of land. Most if that was bought with foreign aid too. I should've spent more on infrastructure.

That's what -10 happiness for being peaceful does to you!

20. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Has Bunkie hit you today? I've been waiting for some sort of reaction for hours, but nothing's happening.

In related matters, my hobby war turned even funnier when the guy tried to scare me by first offering peace, then a few hours later demanding cash and infra or he'd tell his alliance to pound me. The joke being that he, like our dear, sweet Bunkie, was only posing as being an alliance member.

He hasn't attacked back, either...

Our Host!