Help, Bunkie declared war on me!

Discussion in 'CyberNations Archive' started by DarkUnderlord, Oct 7, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Maximus

Maximus New Member

What about Mathboy? If you joins in we can boost his tech and give him some cash so he can battle him. Spuddy, ditch GATO and come to the GC, then your attacks will more than welcome. :)

2. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I'd gladly join in if you want me, and give me pretty detailed information about what to do.

3. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Double post!

A guy named spinner http://www.cybernations.net/nation_dril ... n_ID=49279 just attacked me. What should I do?

You have been attacked by Spinner. You lost 4 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 2 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 0.076 miles of your land, stole 0.000 technology, and destroyed 0.231 infrastructure. Their forces looted $0.00 from you and you gained $0.06 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Victory.

To:mathboy From:Spinner 10/9/2006 9:31:26 AM Subject: Battle Report

You have been attacked by Spinner. You lost 13 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 0 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 0.079 miles of your land, stole 0.000 technology, and destroyed 0.240 infrastructure. Their forces looted $1.32 from you and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Defeat.

I have 6 soldiers and an infrastructure of 5.54, and about a 1500 to collect from taxes, but won't do that until my population stops being crazy. So if anyone could at least send me enough money to buy 30 soldiers, or send the soldiers directly, I'll kill spinner.

4. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

PM either Wraithshadow or Nocturne and ask for aid.

5. mathboy

mathboy New Member

On Cybernations or on the Grey Council forum?

6. Vorak

7. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I got a Foreign Aid offer from this nice guy named Grossenschwamm,
    2.92 Tech
    118 Soldiers
    Should I accept it, collect taxes and then just attack (or do I need more troups or infrastructure or something?)? What is the ultimate way of attacking?

8. Vorak

Have you gone to DEFCON 1?

If not, do this by going into the edit my nation option and changing it.

9. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Done. Attacking now then.

EDIT: Thanks Telcontar, I haven't accepted it yet, and don't know if I should, do I need the troops?

By the way, I deployed to many troops and went into anarchy. Fuck, should I wait with collecting taxes now, because my population is pissed and won't pay up.

10. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I also sent a precautionary message to mathboy's attacker, stating that he should immediately cease fire upon Math Country, as well as offer reparations, considering the Grey Council does not condone the attacking of their members as well as applicants. Seeing as I'm about 2,000 strength above the guy, he might listen.
    Oh, and the only drawback to anarchy is citizen happiness/income. Your army will fight just as well regardless. I used the same tactic while helping Maximus in one of his wars :lol: !
    You should just hold off on buying things for your nation, and simply pay bills after collecting taxes. That way, you can buy more after a few days.
    Or, after update, I can just filter around 30,000 to you.

11. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Yes, yes we did. Don't you remember that conversation that we had that one time where you said no because all your trade slots were full but I was new and didn't understand that but you were all nice and made me think that if I was ever attacked in future I might ask you for help?

... No? Oh and that goes for Sylvana too. Just in case anyone at the Grey Council asks.

Yup, no alliance. He all by his lonesome.

Somebody give this man some aid so he can help me before he gets attacked like mathboy! Enough money to get a lot of tech and enough soldiers so he can make a useful and hopefully successful attack against Bunkie? If Spuddy can do that, I can follow up with my remaining forces so we hit him 4 times in one day. How many foreign aid slots do you have open Spuddy?

That makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever but given my experience, I have to say I agree with the statement. What happens if you attack with overwhelming forces (like say, 10x the defending troops) though? Does anyone know?

Okay, so what happens if you just don't collect taxes and don't pay any bills? I've been hoping I can kick Bunkie's arse, get my nation out of its riots, collect a few days worth of taxes and then pay all my bills then. I have a solider bill of $1,800.00 alone which I SO cannot afford.

... and dammit. Give mathboy enough aid so he can punch Spinner out of existence in one blow! I wonder if I ditch enough soldiers whether I could join in though. Hey, I'm already in anarchy so why not fight two wars at once?

12. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Interest accumulates on bills if you don't pay them, by 10% for every day up to 5 days. If you don't pay your bills for 5 days, you can't buy anything.

13. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Well about the bills...Got about 20k bills than I can't pay due to the war. Massive lose of money. Any help?

14. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Wait, mathboy's under attack now too? WTF?! Its like some evil plot against us.... Somebody tell Math to PM his conflict to somebody at the GC. DU, you're probably a member now, so start posting in the DoD thread with your countries name in it.

Read through it and let everyone know whats going on now.

15. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Spinner offered me peace:
    With the totally awesome amount of aid to repair my nation:
    Does that mean I should keep attacking him? I mean he made my nation go into anarch (ok, I did that by mistake myself) and lose at least 1000. Can I get the aid and still keep attacking him?

16. Vorak

Yes, but its a rather dishonourable thing to do. If you do take the aid then you'll have to declare peace.

When was he told to change to grey?

17. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I replied with it after attacking because he told me to change to blue first.

18. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Now I really do need to leave GATO before chipping in, since they're voting in favour of no member going to war without approval from superiors.

Especially against other alliances - because last time I checked, I thought I saw Bunkie claiming membership somewhere (though that can be just a false claim; seen a lot these last few days).

Oh, and for whoever wanted to stockpile cash: better spend it on replacements or fresh infra/tech - or not collect it all - or the enemy could steal it.

My trade slots are all full, but I just realized they're full of crap. As in, I didn't give a thought to what the resources would do for me, just accepted every trade for anything I didn't yet have...

19. Vorak

He is not in a position to demand anything. I'll send aid your way at next update.

20. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

No on both counts (don't know about overwhelming force, no it makes no sense to go in very weak). However, here's my platoon commander speaking just yesterday on the "underdog effect":
    Going in weak makes sense in one way, though: you risk losing less.

Our Host!