half ogres and tech

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Machinegun Willie, Aug 18, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Machinegun Willie

Machinegun Willie New Member

Since I have to start a new game i was looking at the races and was considering a half ogre for my character. But then i read that they cannot use certain tech devices. There is a post about 2 months old that asks if a dwarven inventor can wear their made armor and the answer was yes,(as long as they start with proper sized armor) so i would think it would work in the same for half ogres. So what devices can they not use? Is there a list posted somewhere?

2. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

They can't use handguns and store bought chainmails (but there's a specific type of crafted chainmail that they can wear). Just make sure to use large size leather and plate armor when crafting and you'll be fine.

Also, make sure to select a background that boosts your IN by at least 4, so that you can reach IN20.

3. Machinegun Willie

Machinegun Willie New Member

I'm assuming rifles are ok then? The designer who put no handguns as a hinderance on half ogres didn't equal it out on dwarves, gnomes, and halflings. Since they are all smaller than humans, elves, and half elves, the grips, stocks, and barrels would all have to be cut down to fit their smaller hands and arm length and the loads would have to be reduced for them to be able to handle the recoil. A hafling or gnome with a elephant gun? It would knock them on their little rumps. A dwarven fellow might be able to handle it, but would still need the stock and barrel cut down.

Our Host!