Gunslinger aiming - bug ?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by coran, Oct 22, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. coran

coran New Member

I'm currently playing halfling technologist. Level 44, 20 perception, maximum skill + mastery in Firearms, 22 dexterity and hyperactive.

The problem is - i just got Tesla gun, which required lots of skill points (and i only used 9 on electricity, took sniper rifle from firearms master).
    Now with 20 perception, max skill and mastery in firearms, i have 80-88% chance to hit average guard. I had 60% to hit some monsters that guarded portal near Blackroot.

How is it even possible? Is there any way to fix it? I thought that with such high stats and best gun in the game (or second best) i will be hitting everyone and everywhere.

Apart from this low chance to hit, enemies tend to dodge quite often, which is even hard to imagine.

Level 44 gunslinger, which i thought was total powergaming (no points spent in persuasion/charisma, or some other skills than fighting) seems quite weak. Tesla gun has speed of 1 (while mechanized gun had 25...) which allows 5 or 6 shots in round, with maxed out dexterity and hyperactive trait.

When i miss 3 of those shots on some weak enemy, that makes it even more absurd.

Is there any patch that fixes firearms mechanics?

Damn, such a great story and intesting world, and broken mechanics are spoiling all the fun.

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I think it's magickal aptitude that makes enemies harder to hit with guns, so it's a feature rather than a bug. I usually play in real time so I've not really felt a heavy bias in not hitting, but I know it can seem like that when I've played Fallout 1/2 and had a 95% chance to hit.

Also, are you sure you're meeting the weapon's strength requirements? That too might be a factor.

3. coran

coran New Member

I have 100% technical affinity and enough strength. Also 20 perception and 5* and mastery in guns.

Quite annoying when i shoot some easy enemies and in 5 shots i get 2 misses and 2 times they simply dodge.

I also have maximum dexterity for dwarf, so it's also really strange that tesla gun has speed *1* (6 including skill).

Our Host!