Greatest board game ever.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sleek_Jeek, Mar 22, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

2. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

LABYRINTH! Oh God, the sweet maiden that was Labyrinth! I had almost forgotten that obsession, that bittersweet lover!

3. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

YUP!! Exactly what Sigurd said. I knew the name of the game as soon as I started reading your post Canis. Labyrinth :) :cry: :p .... I stiill got mine (in a box in the attic at the farm) and if I remember correctly I have seen the game when looking for new board games for my kids.

Monopoly definitely ranks up there with my best liked along with Risk(if'n you like this 1 try it on the PC :thumbup: ), Chess, and Othello. them are some super duper games there, lemme tell ya.

Also I have to say that after buying a game (box made it sound fun) for the kids and having played it with them I absolutely love it! My wifey and I quite enjoy playing it, and the fun can keep growing with one of the many expansions to the game (I think there are like 7 or 8 ). this game you ask, is: Settlers of Catan

oh, and btw - crossfire was sooooo totally adsicting and could trun friends against eachother in a matter of mere moments.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I always seem to win in Monopoly. I don't know why really, I just have this incredible luck with the dice, usually dodging the other guys hotels with impunity while they always seem to land on mine.

I love that game. :D

Chess is another game I love. While I'm not as succesful at Chess as in Monopoly (only natural since Chess requires brains and not just plain luck) I like how challenging it can be in all its simplicity.

5. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The game of life is fun, but we didn't read the rules properly - we only took our salary if you actually landed on one of the dollar squares, instead of passing it. That said, I always ended up in the millionaires zone, no matter what path I took :).

Also, I hate Monopoly and Scrabble - I've played those fuckers so many times I can't stand playing them any more.

I also haven't played Risk, which I forgot to mention earlier. And Labyrinth you can play in arcades here, the penalty (and reward) being the large amounts of shrapnel (small change for all you backwoods hippies who don't understand) you will undoubtedly sink into the game once you start playing.

7. Icairus

Icairus New Member

The best board games ever are, in order:
    Go
    Diplomacy
    Chess

8. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

Star Wars monopoly kicked so much arse. Plus you got pewter models of all your favourite characters to boot!
    I like risk but I didn't like LotR risk. Mainly because there were no oceans and it wasn't as strategical as the first
    Chess is good because there's less of a luck factor.

Our Host!