"Goldmember" Movie review

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bryant1380, Jul 30, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dennis Moore

Dennis Moore New Member

This is weird. Looking at this thread I found that these movies are popular worldwide. I have always thought that they were US only humor.

2. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I like the Crocodile Hunter too. Of course, he doesn't measure up Crocodile Dundee. But, who measures up to the coolest freakin' guy in the world?

Anyway, when I first heard about him, I was excited thinking it was something like Paul Hogan, and some serious manly croc-wrestling shit. I was stoked, until I found out that he was a puss compared to good 'ol Mick. But.....he grew on me. Now, he's my mother's favorite. She wants one of those Steve Irwin dolls. I'm not that crazy about him, but me and my family did sit around and cry when we watched that episode about when his dog got shot and died. It was touching.

But he's still no Mick Dundee, the coolest freakin' guy in the world.

Hmmm.. Methinks I have a new sig.

3. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

ummm... she lives there. they all live there, actually. the zoo thingie i was talking about is in your part of the world. they just visit other countries.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Milo! I found Gordon Elliot! My mum works at a nursing home, and brings home a magazine or two each week from there...and in one of them they had a bit of a history of Australia TV. Gordon Elliot started off in Australia in 1981 hosting the original series (and maybe more) of Good Morning Australia. Think news, current affairs and telemarketing all rolled into one 2 hour program, every day of the week, and you have GMA.

The picture of 1981 of him is disturbing - he's this fresh-faced freak with a heap of perfectly combed hair and glasses half the size of his head. I'm glad he's infecting your airwaves and not mine ;). Also, given that he started out in 1981, it's not surprising I'd never heard of him...Then again, there's still a guy kicking around on TV who's been there since a few months after it was first broadcast in Australia, and he's quite a popular fellow. Bert "Moonface" Newton - if you see a picture of him, you'll understand the Moonface part. DU or mrnobodie should be able to back me up on this one...

5. Settler

Settler Member

Yeah, he's doing that Wizard of Oz theatre thing. I actually saw some of those Graeme Kennedy sketches the other day - Bert Newton looked exactly the same then.

Our Host!