God of Melee...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by ArchAngel, Jun 18, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Hehe, i got board last night so i threw together a quick character...

He was a Half-Ogre(Named Tank) he had a tough hide and he was strong. After about 5 mins he was lvl 5. In 40 mins he was lvl 16 with maxed melee and aproching 24 str. After lvl 20 "something" happend to Virgil(around the same time he put a point in minor healing). After 3 hours of play he's a lvl 32 soloing. He does around 32-45(i think it was higher) with a balanced sword the most I've seen him do was 65 damage without a crt hit(The game no longer shows the damage he does on crts on floats). Damn he's the only character I've had that could solo aginst 5 WereRats killing them in 3 hits on hard diff and 1 or 2 in easy diff. I pumped his int to allow him to make clear sentences and build a balanced sword. Yeah, thats all I have to say about that. Just wanted to say...

2. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

3. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

4. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

5. Lord Jantar

Lord Jantar New Member

I have a similar character- Half orc with ran away w/ circus background. I am about level 38 or so, have maxed out strength, dex, melee, dodge, and pick locks. I am at ~13 charisma and like 14 int. I, of course, also use a balanced sword. I find it amusing when I play in turn-based mode to be able to kill 4 were-rats in a single turn.

6. Tel'ral

Tel'ral New Member

I have killed all the enimies on the demo and my best Character (D'riel) even with all the quests done is only lv 8!!! Where are you guys finding all this extra exp? is there some way to restart the demo with your charcter? Is there hidden enimies on the map which require allot of walking around to find? I must be real crap some tips would be nice!!!!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tel'ral on 2001-06-18 14:42 ]</font>

7. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

8. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

*Update* he has now wasted 1 skill point(Would have been 2 but i didnt save). Its seems that once you have dex maxed out on your char. speed enhancements from a charged ring won't work. That sux but atleast now i get this spiffy electric lamp...

9. Tel'ral

Tel'ral New Member

Hey thanks enzo I now have a lv33 monk!
    Arcanum rules again!

10. Donk

Donk New Member

Hello my name is donk bug head
    im pondering?

11. Donk

Donk New Member

I hate you Tel'ral.you will die!HaHaHaHa

12. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Yea...

He better watch out or youll attack him with ur railroad spike.

13. Tel'ral

Tel'ral New Member

14. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Are you afraid?

Dont be. You trusty mace will beat his railroad spike anyday.

15. Tel'ral

Tel'ral New Member

16. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Ok, I want a good clean fight. No sissy girl slaps or bites. Lets get it on!

17. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Lol!!!!

I just released my little tank on the villagers of SH and the funniest thing happend. As you can imagine 90% of the ppl fell in 1 hit(guards, chickens, sheep, slim, sogg, bar tend, inn keep, ect.) While i was on my way to kill the herb girl, I saw the villager without any artwork(just a shadow). So i charged her and she casted the spell the keeps you from moving(swarm or entangle) just while i was about to be in range. So there I am 1 space away from her, I advanced time 1 hour the spell remained, I tried throwing grens but my aim was off. Then, in a state of rage that my char was going to be haulted by an artless fool, I placed TnT between us and put my NRG sheild up. My char only took 20 damage, while my foe hit the ground. Woohoo, my chars greatest challenge was defeated!!! The blast took out the herblist door so she attacked me after that. All together i lost 57 hps out of my 159 hps clearing the town (tnt included).

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry but I cant see any hint in that link for getting a high level in the demo. I´ve smash everything (except villagers) and Im only level 8. Should I wander 5 months the lands hoping to get random encounters that level me up or is there an easier way?

Ty

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that page tells u how to go to places that u r not really supposed to go, ie get access to higher lvl monsters in random enounters that kill ur ass fast...

20. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

That page tells you how to get past the river where you can get random encounters with high lvl creatures. Yes they kill you faster. Yes some of the artless creatures slow your computer. Yes if your chacter can survive he'll lvl like a madman.

Our Host!