God I hate dismissing soldiers

Discussion in 'CyberNations Archive' started by DarkUnderlord, Jan 20, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

Yes launch crappy CM's and destroy 2.00 infrastructure. You show him!

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Speaking of which, does anyone want to trade me some nice uranium?

3. Telcontar

I would.....but I don't have any and im niot sure if any GC member does. not that there is a GC now...

4. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

5. Telcontar

A tradeable resource or one he picked up?

6. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

My Uranium is all natural baby. It comes with Sugar. So just as long as you don't mind a bit of a green glow in your morning cup of Joe, you should be fine.

Just let me know when you're ready and it's usually not too hard for me to cancel one of my trades (Pig and Cattle) and replace it again afterwards.

7. Telcontar

So you can cancel a trade, get uranium, get a nuke and then get your old trade back? I haven't really looked in to it is all.

8. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for reading this guide. You must beware, purchasing a nuclear weapon can be more difficult than you might expect. Here are our handy tips for what to do if you wish to obtain nuclear devastation:
    1. You need to have at least 1,000 infrastructure.
    2. You need to have at least 75 technology (it used to be 100 but it was changed recently).
    3. You need to set your government position to "allow nukes".
    4. You need to be in the top 5% strength of all Nation's. Currently, that's around the 8,600 mark. To find out what precise rank you need, you can go into the "purchase Nuclear Weapon" screen and if you have enough money ($200,000) then down the bottom will be a little note saying "You can't buy nukes, you need to be ranked at least 1,720" (EG: 1,720 out of 33,000+ Nation's). However, if there's a blue button there saying "purchase" then you're fine. If you don't have enough infrastructure or tech, you might get red messages for those instead.

Be wary of artifically inflating your strength too. I loaded up on soldiers and tanks to put me in range and as a result of losing soldiers in a war and losing a trade which gave me + soldiers, I had too many tanks, ended up paying higher bills and messed my country up ecnomically for 5 days while I tried to sort out what I wanted to do. In the end, instead of buying 1 nuke per day for seven days like I planned, I only managed to get 3 in the same period. In short, be prepared.
    5. You need to have access to Uranium. Trading is fairly easy. You're allowed a maximum of 7 trades of which (with a harbour) 5 you can accept while 2 remain pending. Find someone with Uranium and message them asking them for a quick 2 or 3 day trade (depending on how many nukes you wish to buy). NOTE: You sometimes might have to offer money (EG: $10 - 100k) to the dealer for their Uranium.

Get your Uranium supplier to send their offer through. Once you have that, cancel an existing trade. Pick one that's easy to replace and make note of who's deal you cancelled. Let them know with a message saying it's "only temporary" and that once you've finished, you'll re-submit a trade deal to them. More often than not, they'll be willing to re accept trading with you.

REMEMBER: You can only buy 1 nuke per day and you can only buy nukes provided you've paid your bills within the last 2 days. So it might be an idea to save up cash for a week, get the trade, buy a nuke and pay bills every day and then once you've got what you want, cancel the trade and re-establish your old one. You should look at buying at least 3 - 7 nukes.
    In other news, I've just successfully replace all of my trades to within the black trading sphere. I'm now making $58.52 per citizen (though that does include quite a few positive events).

Our Host!