glowing "iron man" Zen Virgil

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Thor Kaufman, Apr 26, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Thor Kaufman

Thor Kaufman New Member

Anyone had that ever come up? It's not related to items he's wearing and I didn't put any spells on him. Can't remember when that happened, either.
    I disabled his leveling scheme before he turned into his zen self but I dont think it matters because the glow started some time after his zen transformation. Maybe he reached enlightenment? :wink:

Game is normal patched Arcanum, no UAP though that should be obvious by the fate point counter.

[​IMG]

2. Deman

Deman Member

Interesting, maybe it's the result of the reflection shield glitch? You cancelled something on him while the shield was active on him? Although that would obviously indicate the use of magic, so maybe not. My best guess would be that the little blue glow is related to the minor healing spell.

And collecting infinite Fate Points is still possible in the UAP.

Besides why are some of them running around nude? Can't afford clothes? :p

3. Thor Kaufman

Thor Kaufman New Member

I was too busy metagaming to go shopping. Gotta get working. :wink: And no, like I said, didn't put any spells on him.
    I like the UAP but I don't like that reflection shield doesnt work anymore plus some other neat glitches. How is it possible to still get infinite fate points in the UAP btw? I only know of Kree and killing Bates and at least Kree was fixed iirc.

Btw is there a proper updated cheese guide for Arcanum (Patch/UAP)? How did you come up with that convoluted duping glitches btw? Those are pretty awesome.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The real question is: why aren't all of 'em nude.

Seriously, why.

Anyway, Virgil likes to go badass. Mine once did so as well. Lookie here.

[shameless advertising] You might be interested in this. [/shameless advertising]

5. Thor Kaufman

Thor Kaufman New Member

Very nice, thx.

Now if the duping business, infinite fate points, Follower editor and Tsen Ang shortcuts also work I might replay the UAP.
    UAP091225 is the last one, right?

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Re:

091225 is indeed the latest version.

If by T'sen-Ang shortcuts you mean forcing the location early, I don't see why would it work any less with the UAP.

The follower editor works.

Not sure what method Deman has in mind when talking about infinite fate points, seeing how both the Kree and Bates glitches have been fixed. One way or another, you can always use Virgil's Debug Menu and give yourself 100 fate points at the very beginning of the game if that's your thing.

7. Deman

Deman Member

Re:

Yeah, it can still be done and I was eventually going to post it in my exploit thread. It's kind of "late game material" though so you'll have to force parts of the main storyline if I'd want to exploit it early on. You'll also have to join with the dark elves (the good story side's quests can still be completed). A trip back from the Void might also be necessary.
    All you basically have to do is to reveal the dark elves' plans to Alexander, whereupon K'an Hua will be summoned (if you'd joined with the dark elves earlier). This will net you a fate point. Killing K'an Hua will banish you to the Void. Should you find your way back to Arcanum and return to Alexander, you can go through with the same dialog over and over again netting you a new fate point each time. K'an Hua won't spawn again either.
    If you don't want to go to the Void then there's another way to turn K'an Hua friendly instead by choosing the right spells and the right set of items.

The initial idea was for me to figure out how to consume something (like the Vivifier) more than once. When I eventually managed to turn consumables into other items (which are seemingly nothing but "representations" of existing items) I tried to find a usage for my new findings. All in all it didn't really end up like I first would've excepted it to do. :D

It would be neat if there were similar guides like Per Jorner's Nearly Ultimate Fallout guides for Arcanum. I believe Arcanum doesn't have as much "easy-to-miss content" as Fallout 2, so all the juicy stuff which exists shouldn't be that hard to uncover while searching through Arcanum's game files thoroughly. The real problem lies in that Arcanum is highly exploitable, e.g. solving quests in a manner that you aren't supposed to do, getting both reward A & B when you only should get one, etc. That would be challenging to cover, if not impossible. Then there's all the other content, such as battle strategies, an item list, a monster list...
    Certainly the person who would attempt such a thing would've his/her work cut out for him/her. Perhaps it would only be feasible if it were a group effort. Then again it wouldn't really be worth it.

8. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Our Host!