Give me proof that Im Ioo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FluffyLittleRabbit, Nov 28, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I'm not angry, just trying to get used to authority.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

RESPECT MY AUTHORATAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

- Carman in some South Park episode...he said something like that at least...

You get used to your authority Jinxed, and we'll see if you get corrupted by power as so many other ladies, I mean men, do...

3. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Jinxed, this kind of relates to the topic. Freakin' AT&T cut through the cable line yesterday, so my connection was out. When it was restored and I still couldn't log in to TA, I created a new account, "Candy Kane". I was trying to log in to ask for help. I couldn't get an e-mail through, either.
    Anyway, I don't want to be Candy Kane, so can you get rid of that account? I don't need two.
    And for God's sake, don't eliminate MY account! I'd hate to have to reestablish myself under a new name.

4. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

don't worry, your created that account on a different ip, so it has no effect on your current account. however, if that's really what you wanna do, then you would need to talk to Calis, I'm only a moderator for now, so my powers are limited.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinxed on 2001-12-02 08:33 ]</font>

5. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Whatever you guys want to do. If that empty account isn't hurting anyone, let it be. Rest in peace, Candy Kane. We hardly knew you.

6. Calis

Calis Member

Mr. Candy Kane is officially no longer part of the T-A forum family. Also, why exactly were you unable to login? Did you get an error message or something? I got an error message myself after the server downtime, which I fixed by wiping the session database (which tracks logged in users, among other things).

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

new accounts could be created but you could not log on. what came up was this: "Delete failed in new_session()"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinxed on 2001-12-02 08:46 ]</font>

8. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Yes, it was an error message. I forget exactly what it said, something about "session failed". AT&T did their damage locally, so figured my inability to log in was a problem on my end. I had a long, late-night conversation with a nice boy at the technical support center.
    Finally noticed nobody else was posting, either, so I relaxed.
    What happened to you guys, anyway?

9. Calis

Calis Member

That's the same error I got... I fixed it by flushing the sessions table. Which may have messed things up for people browsing the forum at that time. Let me know if any of you experience that error again.
    Don't know, still waiting for a response on that from GMX... it seems one of their servers was down. (the same server also runs gmxmedia.com which was down as well, but gmxmedia.net is on a different server and that was up while we were down).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calis on 2001-12-02 09:37 ]</font>

Our Host!