Get To Tarant In The Demo

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by hobosanta, Jul 3, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. hobosanta

hobosanta New Member

I am not sure if this has been posted already or not, and I find it hard to believe I am the first to discover this, so if this information has been posted before and I am rehashing known information I apologize.

It IS possible to reach Tarant, as well as go almost anywhere on the landlocked continent you start on. Go to Farkhus's shack, and move walk on the normal map South until you hit the river, and walk West until the river runs into the mountain. Go as far SouthWest as possible, then click on the World Map. If you click just over the river where your guy is, you will actually CROSS the river and have access to the entire continent. Also, you can reach Tarant using this method, Waypointing your way to the Bridge that was NOT guarded by Bandits and just cross over. However, Tarant was not actually placed in the demo, so it is just like a random encounter forested area.

If you go really far north and have a random encounter, instead of the forested area you'd normally have, it's a pink grid with blue lines. Really weird.

BEWARE: Once you leave the town/crash site area, you will be prone to random encounters by TOUGH enemies. There are level 12 Rats that deal HELLA DAMAGE as well as, if I remember correctly, Werewolves that absolutely slaughtered me and Virgil when I was Level 9 with full health, studded leather armor, and a Fine Revolver. Instant, one-hit-dead slaughter. So beware the random encounters.

Thats it. Sorry if this isn't ground-breaking information.

2. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Yea, we already knew aboutt this. Sorry! Did you know yopu can get to the glimering forest too? Also its easier if you exit the little corner of arcanum from the North. Also there are monsters in the area that don't have art work so they'll just show up as a shadow.

Our Host!