Get them to like me...really like me

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Kombat18, Jul 25, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

As I've said, I do not find KKK offensive. In here, it stands for "Kataastaasan Kagalang-galang na Katipunan nang nga Anak ng Bayan."

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

3. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I'm poor at translating stuff to English, as a matter of fact, my English is no good. I'll consult the dictionary then.

4. Pasca

Pasca New Member

Friend: I know textmessageing is popular in asia.

But it is difficult to take someone seriously when every third word has missing letters in them.

5. Kombat18

Kombat18 New Member

hi friend_al _23...from wat u tell me of KKK where u come from..u seem to be a Thai...am i rite?(sorry just based on how i pronounced it)Sawadika...anyway ure rite i just gotten lazy to type the whole thing out and its faster too just hope the other guy can understand unless they are "challenged individuals" like Cyaan. :smile:

6. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

7. Pasca

Pasca New Member

lol

You are really lost in space here C18.

If you hadn't told earlier the background of your nick I would have placed in age somewhere around 13.
    With your spelling and lack of punctuation you will be treated like that or they will think you are just too stupid to write better (wich seems more correct).

8. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Well the guy above this post is obviously an idiot.

English is not the offical language of the world. Some people speak other languages. Do not poke or prod at their typing/spelling because I hate to tell you this but...

tHis si juiced a b0rAde in hte bIg 1nt3rn37. M00ast pe0pl3s d0 n0t r33lly c@r3 @b00t 5p311ig 0r st00pid cr@p 1ike dat.

Poking at stuff like that just means you ran out of smart things to say.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Devil on 2001-09-04 00:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ArchAngel on 2001-09-04 00:15 ]</font>

9. Pasca

Pasca New Member

Well archangel... You clearly aren't the brightest star in the heavenly host...

English may not be the official language of the world but this is an international forum and english is accepted as the official language here.

I asked C18 to write more correctly because I didn't want to misunderstand him (if you take a closer look at his writing style you see clearly that he can write better, he just doesen't give a shit about spelling and punctuation).

10. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

come on Cyaan, do you rally think that anyone gives a crap about someone elses spelling when he is writing a for example about passing a pair of wolves that block a passage? Is it really that important? Hey maybe the guy is a buisness man who is writing in his spare time between deals?
    How about the retired DOS users? Or linux junkies? I don't think they would feel like it. There is no law. so Booger off

11. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba New Member

Spelling and stuff...

Aww... Come on people, don't pick on Cyann. He's just upset that he was proven wrong about his belief that someone was trying to personally offend him with their nickname, and can't let it go.

Combat: Since most people will drop the 18 when replying to you, as I do, it would probably be best just to change your nick to Combat. Now that you've gotten your point across, and you know that none of these people is going to apologize to you directly, I believe this would be a good time to do it, although I don't think you should have to change it, I think it would be a good idea.

12. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I'm not sure about this but some months ago a post was made here about disabled having to play the game. Okay, I know Combat18 is not disabled I'm just making example. What if he is, as I've said, disabled. Would you care less if he can't type well?

13. Kombat18

Kombat18 New Member

Ahhhh here it goes

well first thks to all those who supported my claims but recently it seems to have digressed to the standard of my english rather than the nature of my nick....this is good at least in terms of me not being forced to change my nick.

but like wat beelzebubba said it aint forthcoming, the apology or the admission.

but at least calis seem to accept it.

So just want to say that i will in the end change my nick VOLUNTARILY to Kombat18 instead of combat18 so that in the end almost everybody get wat they want.

So Calis if u are reading this, or monkeypunch even, just change it to Kombat18 so that all of us can go back to playing arcanum and to talking abt it

PS: cyaan if u don't understand what i just wrote, i will teach you another time ok...till then continue to stick your foot in your mouth :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Combat18 on 2001-09-04 09:31 ]</font>

14. Calis

Calis Member

Well Kombat18, thanks for that. I changed the nickname. (please note that you also need to log in with Kombat18 now)

Now can we get back to being a happy, cheerful family? :smile:

15. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
    :smile: :smile: :smile:
    :smile: :smile:
    :smile:

16. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

As peace spreads through the land of (Terra) Arcanum, Nasradin (Calis) carefully watches and waits for the next brush fire...

I agree the Calis is the Nasradin of this board. He posses great wisdom and understanding (like the Nasradin in the game), so we don't have to :razz: .

17. Kombat18

Kombat18 New Member

but didnt even Nasrudin in arcanum make a mistake....

thats why i refered to Calis as such

its nice that this whole thing is over.

by the way, thinking of other individuals on this board to arcanum characters...monkeypunch seems alot like Arronax(impetuous...and so on)
    and of course Cyaan is like Sogg Mead Mugg... drunk all the time with nothing really good to say. :smile:

18. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

19. Calis

Calis Member

What, through all my swearing, my mistakes, etc. I still managed to come off as wise?

Wow. You guys are easy to fool. :razz:

20. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

he. Kombat18? i think i prefered kombat with a C :)

oh well.

looks like i'm refered to as Arronax, perhaps i should try to act out that role, aside from some horrible death on my person.

Our Host!