Geoffrey Tarrelond-Ashe

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by on1ondevelopment, Apr 6, 2015.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. on1ondevelopment

on1ondevelopment Member

This bloke is one of the few I've still yet to add to my party after all these years of Arcanum...
    I only know that one must be evil in order to persuade him into joining, yet after some atrocities... *cough* "accidents" with some quests and people *cough*, I've managed to drop my alignment all the way down to -27. Quite a good result for the time being, considering I haven't even come to P. Schyler & Sons in my latest playthrough. Anyways, I must get to the point before someone banishes me to the Void for incoherent dabbling and other nonsense.

So as to the issue, I've heard about his interest in that Malachi Rench fellow and asked him to help me finding that gem, he now says that he "does not like me" and declines my proposal. I have one theory regarding the acceptal, which is that I'm a savageous half-orc with the trait Troll Offspring, merely 2 BE and a jolly good -52 reaction modifier. His initial reaction was -7 Hatred - although he did not attack me, he simply had his doubts regarding the communication with an uncivilized orc-bred fool like me. I managed to increase it to 12 by saying the classic "How droll, I'd almost think you posessed a sense of humour!", so rather than hating me, he just plain dislikes me.

How does one such as myself manage to increase his opinion of me enough to let him join, should this be the case as for his refusal? Is it possible to use a spell or potion, or do I have to ruin my stunningly barbaric image by increasing my beauty?

Otherwise it could be that I only have 2 Charisma, but it still says "Maximum followers: 1" in my statistics.

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

A fate point should do it.

3. on1ondevelopment

on1ondevelopment Member

Oh, I didn't think of that. Thanks!

Our Host!