Gaming like there's no tomorrow...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GrimmHatter, Oct 16, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

...and apparently for some, there is no tomorrow except for what their virtual world brings.

I'm throwing in the towel and announcing defeat. Gaming, by today's standards, has officially passed me by. This probably isn't even news to most, but I'm in awe. I mean, we've all heard of all the little Korean kids dropping like flies from game addictions, but I don't even know what to make of this. I think if you look close enough at the pic of this guy's setup, he even has a custom toilet seat built into his desk chair with working plumbing. The fact that he's still alive to flaunt his rigs at leasts proves he hasn't forgotten about the most primal of urges like eating and sleeping (though the fact that he's the world's most addicted WoW player, I doubt he's fulling any fleeting presence of a libido).

Me = stunned.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    $5711 in subscription costs?

I'd buy hookers. I'd rather die from STD's than a gaming induced heart congestion.

Failed to spot the toilet though.

3. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I'll bet he's got one hell of an internet connection to run that many games of WoW at once. It really begs the question, is he even any good at it? Or does he play 36 really sucky characters.

4. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

What the ever-loving FUCK? That's bloody insane. Running a whole raid on your own? I can only admit to being impressed, in a pitying and somewhat horrified way.

There is a man with too much disposable income and in desperate need of a good fuck. And no, I'm not volunteering.

5. Jungle Japes

Then what are you charging?

6. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

More than you people could ever pay me. I'm the board's supplier, remember?

7. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

The one person/multiple account scenario makes a lot of sense on the server I played on. Four Tauren shamans that completely balance each other out, and all maintain separate professions. In PVP, they're completely in sync and noone can kill them. I thought it was just really goof planning and communication (like on that one South Park episode). Crazy shit that people do to stay one step ahead.

8. Dark Elf

Media:
    How the fuck do you perform a raid of your own without having 35 characters standing still getting royally pwned? Unless they forgot to tell us that he also happens to be some kind of extraterrestrial multi-eyed octopus I can't see him controlling 36 characters simultaneously.

Ah, but admins receive special benefits.

... right?

9. GrimmHatter

I've never played WoW. Is there some way to set maccros so all you have to do is push one or two buttons to make your character perform an entire sonata of commands? If not, I'm curious to see if this guy's check book is full of payments to hospitals for treatments of serious fits of vertigo.

10. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

I still don't understand why he plays 36 accounts. The raid cap for dungeons is 20 with most entry level raids being capped at 10 players. That's a lot of extra cash.

And no grimm, you can't use macros to create a bot (at least not for very long). Blizzard bans them very fast.

11. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Well, technically you could setup a system that would make all 5-8 of your healing characters cast their heals on certain pre-selected targets. It could even be done with the press of a single button if you used the correct hardware and software to make it happen. There is a rather extensive addon/UI community for WoW that automates a lot of the game experience already. It isn't a stretch for me, as a veteran WoW player, to see this happening. Maybe he wrote some of the programs himself? It's not like he has friends to go hang out with that would eat up his free time...

And also, Blizzard has stated they are okay with "multi-boxing/accounting," just not pure automation/botting. And why wouldn't they? That's just that much more subscription fees! And really, if you can't win in a 2v2 arena fight with similar gear against a guy who is controlling both of his team members simultaneously, you just suck at the game.

The raid cap used to be 40, maybe he's been doing it since MC/BWL/AQ40?

Either way, it's sad that this guy can't (or even more scarily, *won't*) find other people to game with in a game that forces you to make friends to progress.

12. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I find it awesome that he *won't* interact with others.

To hell with the rules, he plays WoW his way!

13. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    On the plus side, pets often get special benies.
    I'd also like to remind my current owner that dogs have been known to lick peanut butter from anywhere.
    Anywhere.

14. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

*raised eyebrow* I wouldn't think you'd forget about my fuck-buddy that quickly. We'll need to try harder. :D

DE - Define 'special benefits'.

15. Dark Elf

Media:
    Dear, I'd prefer that we discuss that after the bondage, if you don't mind.

16. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Alright, this is getting weird. I've seen quite a few social displays on T-A, but nothing ever so close to flirting as what I'm seeing now. It's a bit disturbing, being able to read each word.
    Not that I care.

17. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I agree with Gross. When did this turn into "zomg penis and vagina!?!?11one1!1eleven!!1!" central?

18. Jungle Japes

I'd like to remind my fellow forumers that, although she may seem pretty cool, there is no solid proof to indicate that Xiao is actually a woman. She could, for all you know, be a 15 year old acne-ridden boy. Or even worse, she could be fat. Who knows?

Point being, don't be too hasty to solicit sex from allegedly female forumers.

19. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

The trick is to not make gender an issue, and I emphasize this.

20. GrimmHatter

Or post pics a la Bunny. Prefereably topless ones.

Our Host!