GAMES!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jojobobo, Nov 7, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

I would say that Divinity is life changing if you go with the coop and play with a friend. Currently doing that and that shit is crazy fun. It's a game created for playing coop.

2. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I think if I played co-op I would be too tempted to use the featherfall spell to drop my partner into hot lava.

3. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

This has been done. More than once to get the last kill. But the interactions works wonders, and when we are in town I can run around just buying/selling while my friend takes us further down the story and gets the quest.

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Started playing The Witcher 2, because Xbox Live made it free to download until the end of this month. It's a huge amount of fun - I'm enjoying the writing, the characters, and the gameplay. I also like the strategic spin on combat, where you can prepare for big fights before you have them with traps and potions...or just hit and run the entire time.

5. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Thank you for that news Gross, played the first one but never got round to playing the second. Still I might have to hold off on playing it, I'm heavily back into New Vegas as of the last few weeks.

6. Jungle Japes

I started to play Fallout 3 again today, but found that the pace of the game is much slower than I remembered. Made it to Megaton before I decided it wasn't gonna happen. I also watched Batman (1989) for the first time in probably 20 years, and found that it also suffered from an agonizingly slow pace. While the plot made much more sense to me than it did when I was a kid, that didn't necessarily do the movie any favors, since the plot sucked.

7. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I also downloaded the free Witcher 2 on Xbox last week, but haven't played it yet. I'm still caught up in Final Fantasy X|X2 HD Remaster. Got it for Christmas and have been (re) addicted since. Thank the gods that something finally pulled me away from Skyrim for a while!

8. Grossenschwamm

I had been told of the nature of The Witcher by DE, who basically told me Geralt kills monsters and bones women. Still, I was surprised at the level of nudity and the amount of detail that went into making the sex scenes. And, as much as I like a good boob now and again, I have to say it's all very well done - not tacked on nudity just for thrills, but plot relevant nudity that's also thrilling. Shortly after, I had to tell a 12 year old why I wouldn't recommend the game to him in spite of his protests of "I see worse in movies" and "I've played GTA 5." Nothing against the kid's parents, but they seem to give a negative amount of shits in regards to what he's seeing on a daily basis. So I suppose...yes, everything against his parents.

9. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

I started to play Ultima VI and some other games for the C64 again. And yes, I am feeling nostalgic today. In those days plot and story was much more important than graphics and music.

10. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I've been slowly working my way through King's Bounty again. Just bought one of the expansion packs for it, and going to run that after I re-beat the game.

11. Grossenschwamm

Sniper Elite V2. It's pretty damn fun. It looks like some of the same levels as Sniper Elite on Xbox, but it's got much more detail when you hit vital locations or get a headshot. It allows you to make shots while compensating for bullet drop, and on higher difficulties, wind speed and direction. When you make a really good shot, you'll get a kill cam that tracks the bullet and shows how much damage you do to your target's body. Also, you can mask your shots with loud background noises in the levels.
    It takes place in WW2, so you'll be shooting a lot of Nazis. Or you'll be shooting a few very important Nazis, depending on your play style. It's a more strategic third person shooter, and you'll find yourself rapidly mowed down if you try to shred through locations with several enemies.
    There's trip mines and grenades to give you an edge, or you can throw a rock to distract the enemy characters and move by without alerting them. Though I think the best part of the grenades is if you throw them properly, you'll get to kill some enemies and distract those nearby.

12. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I've recently gotten into Minecraft and I'll be the first to admit I've got a problem. It's more fun than I expected to have, especially considering how normally non-creative I am.

Zanza likes this.
  13. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Getting ready to fire up Homeworld Remastered.

14. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Diamond penis volcanoes?

15. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

No, but I did make a giant skull with lava coming out of it on a mountain side, which is probably exactly what a 12 year old first makes in this game.

16. Grossenschwamm

When i started getting really into Minecraft, I ended up building a house and realizing i could see the sun set, but not rise. So I went into creative mode, got some TNT, and annihilated a mountain that was in my way.

17. Jungle Japes

I decided to start playing X3: Albion Prelude a few days ago, thought it might tide me over till PoE released. I started off unable to even fly my own ship. Now I'm deftly commanding fleets of ships, executing delicate boarding procedures, and eying the galaxy like a fruit ripe for the plucking. If you're into space games and you haven't played X3, play it.

18. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Steep learning curve but once you get the hang of it you lose weeks to the game.

19. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I just nabbed a King's Bounty a couple of weeks ago, but I have a backlog of other games I'll finish before I get to it. Just yesterday I completed Transistor and I admit I like the style, setting, and soundtrack more than the actual gameplay. I've been playing Remember Me in tandem with Transistor and am really enjoying it so far.
    Prior to that, I sunk 60+ hours into Cloudbuilt and absolutely loved it. I would not have imagined it's my kind of game but it was great!

20. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Divinity: Dragon Commander is on sale at GOG right now. It combines RISK-like board game strategy, with RTS, and diplomacy. I highly recommend it.

Our Host!