Game sequence broken ?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by raptor, Jan 27, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    You can't be ugly if you hope to screw M'in Gorad!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes you can! You only need a very high persuasion level.

3. Madness

Madness New Member

Whatever, you know whats wrong with screwing in 2-D adventure games? The screen just goes black. I mean, WTF?

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

That's just about the ONLY prerequisite. She had sex with my dwarf, my half ogre, my half orc, my gnome, my halfling, and my HUMAN!!

5. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

At the same time ?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Grossenschwamm

A menage-sept? No. One at a time, on six different saves.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Grossenschwamm

No, I wasn't saying you didn't get it right off the bat...I'm just displaying my own chagrin that such an event could never take place.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aha, in that case, it's ok. Is there a hack/mod that does so the black screen not comes up when you shall..."screw"?

11. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Not yet.... Of course, the artwork needed to show a sex scene either doesn't exist or just won't work. :/

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Grossenschwamm

I suppose you could somehow get the "bed occupied/bed vacant" graphics to alternate, giving the illusion of sex...but I have no idea how to get the characters to actually get into bed.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe using pictures from when a girl/you lying in bed, and then somehow "put them together" in the shape of one picture?

15. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

On that one, the idea is simple enough. Create a pair of bed-use pictures showing two heads and an uplift of the middle on one of them, then cycle back and forth. The problem comes from trying to turn off the PC. Without fail, it locks up the computer. I have yet to figure out how the game does this without conflict for normal bed use.

On another scripting problem, there is a pose for certain females called crouch-figit, that when turned three-quarters away from you, has just the right head movement to suggest fellatio. The problem comes from being unable to get the NPC to hold that pose for more than just an instant.

Damn......

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

17. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

I just feel the need to relate how a proper "blacked-out screwing scene" should be. In Jagged Alliance 2, as you have your merry way with the local prostitutes, the black screen comes with a giant smiley face (this one: :) ) and bed springs creak in the background. The "cutscene" only lasts for some five-ten seconds, but something like half an hour passes in the game.

18. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

In Arcanum, time passes too. The main differences seems to be the black screen and the sound effects.

For any modder who's interested, you should be able to extend the black-out a little longer, then script in a one-time play of the appropriate sound bite. That scene from "When Harry Met Sally" would do nicely....

19. Madness

Madness New Member

Thats exactly what happens in Fable! The screen just goes black, moaning/screaming (sometimes), then a 2 second cutscene then your clothes are already back on and your out of bed. What a cheap ripoff of sex.

20. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Has anyone tried that Neverwinter Nights mod, "Sex and the Single Adventuress" or something? Hilarious the first time I tried it, but then it became a bit old.

(If you haven't: naked people, "speech bubbles" of oohs & ahhs & dirty words, screen flashing black, and characters moving in bizarre positions.)

Our Host!