full out mage

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Demosthenes, Nov 29, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

my primary character right now is Kattath, a gnome only child. he has mastered, force, conveyance, and phantasm. he also knows charm, stun, harm, agility of fire, wall of fire, and fireflash. he will max out int and wp and will put 2 points into ch so he can have 2 followers + dog because of his blessings. constitution will also be maxed through the ring of virility and the +4 con necklace. he needs suggestions on other skills. he will probably master the fire school and perhaps black necromacy as well. raising dx is also an option but i am curious as to what people think this character would benefit most from. he carries several mage and arcane staffs so he always has plenty of mana. he has no combat skills whatsoever, though dodge is an option if dx is raised. mostly im looking for help on what to do at the end with this character. also for my followers i was thinking either virgil, raven, perriman smith, or jormund as well as dog. any suggestions about this would be helpful as well.

2. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

If you wanted an unstopable mage all you really need, is the black necro spell, "harm" and a 100% magickal skill rating. Then just watch the bodies fly.

3. M.T.

M.T. New Member

I'm not sure what you think, but the best race to learn the most spells to me is half-orc. WHY? It's because as a frequent multiplayer, I cannot always have potions comfortably in my belt, so i require 18 constitution 4 my maintain spells., But if you ask me, 15 months OF PAINSTAKING BRAIN RACKING AND HOURS OF LEVELING AND FIELD TESTING has told me, in multiplayer the BEST kind of multiplayer character is a hybrid, one closer to tech.

4. GiantRaven

GiantRaven New Member

Harm is the best magickal attack spell its saved my skin coutless times.

5. GiantRaven

GiantRaven New Member

Harm is the best attack spell, its saved my skin coutless times.

6. GiantRaven

GiantRaven New Member

7. GiantRaven

GiantRaven New Member

8. M.T.

M.T. New Member

I agree. Disintegrate's good too.

9. Val

Val New Member

do the gods quest. When you finish it, your mage won't run out of mana again! I did the quest and it put my health and mana over 200. My character feels unstoppable now!

10. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

Am I the only one that sees a memory problem with GiantRaven!?????????? :-? :-? :-? :-?

11. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

i noticed his quadruple posting, but we have been new people to this forum and he may have messed up. so forgiveness is warranted if it was a mistake and if it wasnt, well he shouldnt do it again...

12. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

possibly...I suppose I can wait until he really gets annoying.

13. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Jormund can be a free follower. He needs an open slot to join, but, like Dante, when asked to wait & rejoin, he no longer fills one. Got the CH of a rock? Just have Vergil wait while you get him to join & wait & rejoin.

14. GiantRaven

GiantRaven New Member

Sorry about that. Don't have a clue how that happened :-?

15. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

ive never liked dante and my computer has been slowing down so im trying to avoid lots of followers, but in addition to dog and jormund im considering having: vigil and raven, virgil and perriman smith, or raven and perriman smith. which would be best?

16. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

Well, I think if you're a good person, then Virgil won't be there for much longer, just hold onto the three charachters.

17. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

im actually not sure if ill remain good aligned; its been a while since i had an evil character. if this happens ill probably get zan and keep virgil. will jormund stay if youre evil?

18. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

hmmmm, never ran into that, I think the only guys that would possibly if you were evil is magnus, chukka, or gar...or any other really good guy that complains when you kill something.

19. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Jormund will follow an evil PC, but gripe like any other goody - goody. THere is always the Dark Helm. His MA could stand a boost.

20. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

do you mean that if i make someones alignment evil, they will not complain about my killing innocent creatures?

Our Host!