Fuckin megapolises

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sofokl, Jan 26, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What sucks?

Poll closed Feb 10, 2007.
  1. Megapolis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Village

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

After several days spent in Moscow for TOEFL and some other stuff I realised how a City sucks. Billions of cars flooding the streets, and there's magnificent crowds even at 5-7 am. 15 millions of snobbish and dumb people could call me a 'fuckin provincial' for living in 2-million city, but, blah, I was welcomed by local Arcanum community and, assuming I drank a lot in train, all isn't so bad. :)

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Heh. I think Umeå is way too big, and we have about 110,000 people living here. Big cities most definitely suck.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here at my current location there is about 26,000 people and I think it's too big. I'd like a small village, with everything that you can imagine.

4. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Budapest, 1.7 million. Too small :D

(Well, at least if you don't live in the city centre and the train station is 10 minutes from your house)

5. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Despite of quite large popultaion, my city is compact, so I'm kinda patriotic. Just add some places of historical interest and annihilate some ugly buildings.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right here all the flats are big and grey, I like it, there is also some old statues here.

7. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Right here, flats are Sovietic-small and Russian-big, but both are enormously expensive (and they're also grey), but here are lots and lots of trade, industries, merchandise and the highest wages in Russialand except Moscow that takes 90% of profits of regions (fucken Putin and his team)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A statue of Wladislaw Gomulka I've seen in a park here. What is your city called?

9. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

That's Yekaterinburg or Ekaterinburg (no matter) and it's named after first wife of Peter the Great.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aha, now I recognize the name. Have you been to Belarus?

11. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Buenos Aires, 2.7 million. Rather small. :lol:

12. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Yes, I was, but actually I just rode it coming from Poland, to which I actually moved from Germany. A train from Brest on Polish-belorussian border and, after 3-4 days, I'm at home. My second hometown is la'Havana city (about 2.5 millions), which is rather small city also. :D By the way, what urged you to move to Poland from Sweden, if there's a lot of Swedish madical universities? Are you enjoying low Polish prices with money you are sent from Sweden? :D

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes of course, the prices here isn't high at all. I thought that I would like to study somewhere else to get a new perspective of things. Yeah, the Swedish money that can be exchanged here is at a good level now, though I'm quite low on money now. Lucky as I am I will get some money today or tomorrow.

14. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Everything under 5 million is so small that it is statistically insignificant :)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, do we all agree in the matter that big cities (some of them) sucks then?

16. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

But I like both my big city and my small town... I don't have a village, which is why I'm going to vote for it sucking, but if I had one I coulda been a contender! (Or it. Point is, I like them all and none of them suck, except if they're located in southern Sweden.)

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aha, and i suppose that you have been in southern Sweden?

18. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Nazareth, 10000 people.
    The largest city I've been to is New York City, but it was kinda boring. I was hoping someone would try to mug me or something...but I guess I'm too big.

19. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

By the way, why there's so much 'historical'- and 'biblical'-named cities?
    Well, and the best form of living is in the center of very-very populated city, but only if it's up to 10 minutes to rural areas by car (and it can be achieved only with the help of x-floored buildings)

20. Madness

Madness New Member

Well, I go to Los Angeles and/ San Diego frequently. I personally love huge cities with the towering skyscrapers and pointless lights on a dark windy night.

Our Host!