for Melee char, go with herbology or heal spells?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Emrys, Sep 23, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Emrys

Emrys New Member

I am making a half ogre melee char becuase i have played alot of spell castetrs in the past but never a half ogre! So, that said, I want some heal ability and dont know enough about the game to decide if i should go with healing SPELLS or Herbology?
    I would also like to point out that I have brought all my stats back up to atlest 8 in character creation.

Anyone?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Emrys on 2001-09-23 03:38 ]</font>

2. Aldin

Aldin New Member

An herb a day keeps the technologist away

Go with magickal healing. You're going to have a deep fatigue pool as an Ogre/Fighter. PLUS, you can pick up a few maintainable STAT boosters if you go magickal...

Ironically, if you DO go with an Int based solution, HEAL skill is ultimately more powerful for boosting HPs than herbology (and can cure scars). Of course herbology does do other stuff...

~Aldin

3. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

I can't get Heal Skill to work at all. I have three CPs devoted to it, and I'm a Heal Expert. All I can tell that the skill does is disintegrate bandages.

4. Camo

Camo New Member

Spells are the best.

First they do not take up any space in the inventory and secondly you mana recharges itself. It may not work so well on tech characters but what the heck manas free.

Our Host!