Follower Reaction...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by AkuManiMani, Feb 24, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. AkuManiMani

AkuManiMani New Member

Okay, I'm trying to figure out why my followers' reaction to me keeps getting progressively worse. Each of them started out amicable and now just about all of them are neutral or suspicious. With each dungeon crawl their reaction rating seems to get lower and lower. I haven't done anything that would ruin my alignment so why are they starting to dislike me? Is there a way to increase their reactions/loyalty to me?

[ATM, I have Virgle, Sogg, Gar, and Magnus in my group]

2. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

What weapon are you using? If it's a projectile weapon, then maybe you've hit them accidently when trying to kill enemies. It happens.

Then again, Gar and Magnus (and Virgil too later in the game - depends though) gets upset when you do something "evil"; like killing an innocent and similar stuff.

3. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

A little search will do you wonders.

I've had the exact same problem where there reaction plummets the more time you spend trudging around dungeons. Gross said it might be a bug, or it might be that they just don't want to follow someone who's going to make them march through piss and shit for the whole game. I haven't looked into it much anymore.

4. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

I'm sure there's a thread like this elsewhere...

They grow suspicious each time you attack an enemy without them being provoked into attacking you first. If you want to retain your good alignment, wait until your followers attack, then attack yourself.

5. AkuManiMani

AkuManiMani New Member

The thing is I just use my single direct dmg spell: Harm. I think what may be happening is a glitch because last night I used a scroll of create undead and when the summoned monster died fighting mobs the other mobs turned on each other and the reaction of my entire party plummeted.

Thats the thing. My alignment is 52 "good" and I have CA 16 and BE 14. They seem to lose reaction during battles against aggressive mobs as well. I guess what I really wanna know is if there is some way to improve their reaction to me because at this rate they're gunna turn on me before i reach lvl 30

6. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

Have a search for other threads (or walkthroughs) to find what will change your follower's minds.

Usually the best way to find out when to attack is to use the turned-based attack mode, either fast or normal turn-based.

Magnus has a prejudice against black necromancers. Gar doesn't like getting hit by accident.

Oh, and are you leaving them to wait around for a while? Or does this only happen in battle?

7. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

As stated in the other thread (I think): talking Virgil will increase his reaction towards you, "using" Dwarven Snuff on Magnus increases <i>his</i> reaction, and "using" Wine on Sogg increases <i>his</i> reaction. I don't know about Gar though.

8. AkuManiMani

AkuManiMani New Member

Hmm..considering that my only dmg spell is Harm that could explain Magnus' dislike of me >_<quote>_>

Oki!

Thanks very much for the feedback guys :D

9. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Earl Grey tea.

10. Gbossman

Gbossman New Member

Can't you use a fate point to improve thier perception?

11. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

You can use a fate point to improve anyone's reaction to your character, but that's a waste of a fate point. Use that as a last resort when dealing with your party.

Our Host!